Chapter 5

"I'll text you when I'm done and headed home," Lucas tells me Tuesday afternoon, a little more than a week later, out in the school parking lot

"I'll text you when I'm done and headed home," Lucas tells me Tuesday afternoon, a little more than a week later, out in the school parking lot. He's wearing his olive green short sleeve three button henley he's paired with his very dark blue washed pair of low-rise straight denim jeans and his brown cowboy boots.

We are currently standing in-between our vehicles, putting off our goodbye since I have to go home and he has conditioning, but his hands are currently holding onto my hips, where he has me trapped between him and the front passenger door of my Traverse.

Okay, so, maybe, we'd been making out a little bit and he'd pushed me up against my SUV in the process, but that's a minor detail.

"Mmkay," I hum, stretching up to kiss him again. I can't help it, I like kissing him and after being in school all day, I just want to keep kissing him. I'm dressed in my heather gray top with a crew neckline and a flounce hemline I paired with my dark washed pair of mid-rise denim shorts which have contrast stitching, whiskering and an embroidered flower design on the back pockets. I have my feet inside of my taupe pair of wedges which have laser cut florals cutouts, ankle straps, four-and-a-half-inch cork heels and peep-toes while I have my backpack on my right shoulder. My hair was pulled up into a bun, fully exposing my thin silver open diamond shape drop earrings while my eyes are shielded by my sleek metal black cat eye sunglasses with gray smoke lenses.

"Oh Lucas, perfect, I've been looking for you," Nichole voices, causing us to abruptly pull apart.

"What do you want Nichole?" he sighs, turning his head to look at her, keeping one hand on my hip while the other is resting against my window since he'd been cupping my face before we got interrupted.

I don't miss the way her eyes look away from him to me and his hand holding me, her smile faltering for a brief second before returning to her full smile when she looks up at him again. I don't think she knows I noticed her slip in demeanor, but I did and I can't help but gloat internally. I know, childish, but hey, she was half to blame for their relationship not working out.

"You're coming to my party on Friday, right?"

"Oh, um, right," he stumbles, glancing at me and I can tell he knows I'm confused about what she's talking about. "Uh, yeah I'll be there."

I'm sorry, what?

"Perfect! See ya later!" she cheers while she turns to walk away, not before shooting me a dirty look.

"Uh, care to fill me in here?" I ask Lucas the second that Nichole is out of earshot.

"Um..." he sighs, not answering me.

"What the fuck do you mean you're going to her party?" I snap, anger boiling inside me since Lucas is avoiding the answer to my question.

"She's hosting the afterparty for the game," he explains.

Okay, that makes some sort of sense, Friday is the first game of the season, so of course there's an afterparty. But why didn't he tell me, let alone that Nichole was hosting?