Chapter 6

"Remind me again why you and Lucas are going to Nichole's party?" Aubrey asks me Friday afternoon, three days later while we're up in her bedroom after school, Roxy practically sitting in her lap for attention

"Remind me again why you and Lucas are going to Nichole's party?" Aubrey asks me Friday afternoon, three days later while we're up in her bedroom after school, Roxy practically sitting in her lap for attention. She's wearing her lilac short flutter sleeve top that has a button closure at the back she's paired with her light blue washed denim mini skirt with whiskering and a raw hemline. Her feet are in her taupe pair of wedges with ankle straps, two front straps and four-inch esparto rope wedge heels while her hair has been pulled up in a bun, exposing her white and lilac marbled hexagonal open hoops.

Her house is a very pale yellow paneled 3,000 square-foot Farmhouse that has a front porch across the main house while there is a small porch down to the left at the front leading to the mudroom that separates the house from their side entrance three car garage.

Her bedroom is almost a perfect square complete with a decent walk-in closet and a small on-suite on opposite sides of her room. Her door is slightly off center of the back wall they both run against that's also along the stairs and on the wall across from her large windows overlooking the front of her house. Her queen size bed in a natural oak finish frame has subtle carved lines, lightly beveled trims, a thin vertical board splits the middle of the headboard and footboard and bun feet that has a double-sided duvet that has a deep pastel green which has a thin staggered chevron print with a white reverse side and white sheets is underneath the window. She has the matching three drawer nightstands on either side of her bed while the matching seven dresser is across from her bed between her bedroom and bathroom doors. Her six-inch rug that has a subtle mosaic pattern in hues of rose gold, nude pink and fresh cream partially covers her medium reddish brown laminate hardwood floors, which run throughout the majority of her house, while her walls are coated in a hue of almost white with gray and green undertone paint.

After talking with Stephanie, my mom finally told me last that she agreed to let me go to the game's afterparty that she doesn't know is Nichole's party, with Lucas as long as she and Adam were okay with it. They were fine with me going and told Aubrey she could go, but she'd rather hang out with Hayden solo. My mom also said she is not telling my dad about allowing me to go to the afterparty since he's still pissed about Tuesday's dinner.

Things are still pretty tense at home, Kimberly has been spending less and less time there, I barely see her anymore and it was little to begin with. My dad isn't really talking to me right now either and has told me he doesn't want me around Lucas if we were going to be alone together, especially if we're going to be in a house by ourselves for any given time. My mom has told also agreed to some degree with him, but she's still willing to give me some freedom because she knows with all of our friends being able to drive and being in school together, there's only so much they can do without driving me around everywhere I need to go.

"Because I'm an awesome girlfriend who's completely chill about going to a party at his ex-girlfriend's house," I respond with a hint of sass. I'm dressed in my navy with a thin white stripe print tank with a halter neckline that falls into an open racerback with a self-tie detail and lace detail along arm holes I've paired with my black washed pair of cuffed mid-rise denim shorts. My hair's left down with beach waves, barely allowing my silver medium sized open geometric hoops to poke through while my feet are inside of my brown pair of western leather boots which have six-inch shafts, concho studded and braided ankle bands, round toes and three-inch fashion heels.