It is Something Else, Keiji

Saki-san and Nowa-san both agreed to give the last 15 days of summer as my off.

I really hated the idea but they insisted it to avoid what had happened few days ago.

I really wanted to go back to work but given this circumstances, I think their decision is irrevocable.

I decided to go back to the orphanage where I came from, 3 days before the classes started since I am not doing anything for quite some time now.

Kenma still continues with his courses, and Noya and Asahi are still at work. Being not used to day offs, I just went back there and reminisce.

Nothing much happened except for a sudden sponsored event by Golden Owl, a company own by a rich family here in Tokyo.

Unexpectedly, I saw him... Wait.. it's him right? What is he doing here?

~Kōtarō Bokuto~

"Keiji... Come join us... The Golden Owl usually conducts charity work here" Sister Hora said as she gave me my plate.

My own plate is still here... I smiled at her. She's the one who taught and guided me back then.... Time flies so fast..

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Kids!!! Let's eat a lot... come on, don't be shy!!!! After eating we will play and I'll give you toys!!!!" Bokuto-san energetically said to the kids

The children cheered with happiness..

"He has always been so good handling the children."

"He's always here?" I asked her

"Usually.. The kids are always looking forward to play with him. He's just so special..."

I started to stare at him. He is like the sun that brims light to the faces of the children. His face is bright and lively... The way he laughs makes everything around him happy...

Why am I saying these things to my head? Being his total opposite, am I feeling insecure or something?

"Sister Hora.. You should e-" he looked at our direction and his eyes widen.. so much wider than before if it's possible. 😉

"Akaashi-"

We kept staring at each other's eyes. It's so calming and comfortable. What am I feeling? Why does it feels like so warm? It's overwhelming yet I couldn't look away.

"Ohh.. He knows you, Keiji..." Sister Hora said

That's when I returned back to reality...

"Big Brother Ko... let's play.. I'm done eating!" one of the children pull his sleeve.
"Me too, I am done!!! Let's go, Big Brother Ko..."

Few more children came to him and pull him to the playground. He smiled at them..

He glanced back at me and smiled.

He smiled at me... He really smiled at me!!!  Wait.. Why am I so so happy about it? 😑 What's going on with me?

"So.. how'd you know each other, Keiji?" Sister Hora curiously asked

"We go to same high school"

"Ohhh. what a coincidence... Are you friends?"

"I can't say we are... but we knew each other, that's it." I replied

Do I want him to be my friend though? A rich guy like him?

But... something about Bokuto-san is drawing me near to him.. Is it because of his lively personality or is it something else?