Chapter 21- Regina

I stroke Kayla's hair as she sleeps in the hospital bed. Her hair was still damp from when Robin threw her in the lake. Her breathing was heavy and her t-shirt was still wet from her hair. It was like she was never touched. There were no scars or scratches or anything resembling the fact that Kayla was just in a massive dome of octopus or that she stopped and destroyed all of them.

I was trying to keep my breathing calm as I stared down at her. She destroyed all the octopus with one blast, ONE BLAST! I couldn't even stop one.

Just then, Kayla's eyes burst open as she bolts up and looks around, panicking. Her breathing was loud and frantic and her hands were shaking.

"Shhhhh, shhhhh, its okay. I'm right here, I'm here" I say to her pushing her back down so she's was lying on the bed.

"There were octopus everywhere" she gulps still looking frantic. "They dragged me under-"

"I know but just relax, everything is over. You're here with me and all the octopus are gone.

"But I stopped them, I killed them all. I'm not a murder!" Kayla screams staring at me still looking around.

"You were protecting you and Roland. You were protecting Robin and I, you saved everyone" I reassure her. I stroke her hair trying to comfort her but she was still frantic no matter what I said.

"Yah, but not by killing them!" She screams at me.

"You didn't kill them, they were unconscious" I lie to her. I needed to calm her down and this was the only way to do it.

She considers what I said and then says "Really?"

"Yes, really" I lie straight to her face.

"I didn't kill them" she says most certain.

"Not a soul" I smile at her.

She seems to relax a little in the bed but she still looked a little frantic by looking around the room every now and then.

Henry bursts through the door and Kayla and I shoot our heads to only see a frantic looking Henry, followed by a exhausted looking Sheila.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Henry bombarded us with questions.

"Everything is alright" I smile at him.

He gives me a knowing look and I nod. He sucks in a breath but plasters on a fake smile.

"Glad to hear your okay" he smiles. "Mom, why don't we go grab some food and Sheila, why don't you stay and get to know Kayla a little more, since you only met her once."

"I would love to know a little bit about the little sister Henry always talks about" Sheila smiles.

I smile at her and follow Henry out the door to the Hospital food court.

"What happened?" Henry asks, frantic to know.

"First you need to know everything that's happening in town" I say sighing. I explain to Henry all about the person locked up in the house, terrorizing the town. I then explain what happened by the lake.

"But that's the thing Henry, I couldn't stop them. I couldn't burn, freeze, push back, nothing! But Kayla could destroy every single one!" I screech.

"Destroy as in-"

"Yes" I cut him off. "She thinks she just knocked them out, and I need her to think that, for her safety, and for ours."

"Alright" Henry says grabbing the tray of food from the man. "But I don't understand how she did it."

"Neither do I" I say.

"Wait" Henry says stopping. "You said Robin and Roland were there?"

"Yes" I say. "Robin hit his head when the octopus threw him back, he's in the room next door with Roland."

Henry looks a little shocked but brushes it off and continues to walk back to our room.

We walk in to Sheila laughing as Kayla shows her something on her phone.

"What's got you all cracked up?" I smile.

"Oh Kayla is just showing me how good of a Beyoncé singer Henry can be while drunk."

"WHAT?!" Henry screeches diving towards Kayla.

Kayla laughs and tosses her phone to Sheila who catches it with ease. Henry looks confused for a second, but realizes his girlfriend has it and goes towards her for the phone.

"No, no, no" Sheila smiles holding the phone. Henry stops and stares at the phone in her hand where the video of Henry singing Beyoncé is.

"Give me the phone" Henry says.

He dives towards Sheila but she steps to the side and tosses it to Kayla.

He goes for Kayla but Sheila stops him with a screech.

"HENRY DANIEL MILLS!" Sheila yells.

Henry stops and turns to look a Sheila. Kayla looks like she's about to burst up into laughter and I try to hold on a giggle myself for Sheila just called him by his full name.

"Don't attack your sister like that! She is a growing girl and does not want to get terrorized by her big brother" she says sternly.

Henry hangs his head low and I try not to burst into a fit of laughter.

"Fine" Henry says shyly.

"Good" Sheila nods. "Now apologize and we'll leave so we can give Kayla and her mom some room" Sheila says.

"But-"

"No buts. Now let's go" Sheila says pointing to the door.

"Sorry Kayla" Henry mutters.

"I would never expect this from a fully grown man" I giggle.

"Seems like I finally got a grip on him" Sheila whispers to me.

"I've always had a grip on my son" I say quite shocked.

"He ran away and brought Emma to town , I don't think you've had a grip on him then" she giggles.

I feel quite taken aback by this and turn staring at her as she stands arms across her chest staring at Henry hug Kayla farewell.

"At least I allow my son to be a grown man and don't treat him like a three year old" I say and walk towards my son and daughter.

Sheila's mouth hangs open and I smile at Kayla and Henry and Henry gives back a warm smile. How could someone so kind and sweet fall for someone as horrible as her. She was, is, evil.

"Bye mom" Henry says hugging me.

"Bye Henry" I say hugging him back.

"C'mon Henry, I don't have all day" Sheila scoffs.

I give her a glare but Henry follows suit and walks out of the door. Sheila gives me a fake smile and follows Henry. I push down all my anger and turn to Kayla.

"I'm going to go get the doctor, ready to go?" I smile at her.

"I am done with this hospital bed" she smiles.

I smile back and hit the pager for Doctor Wales, not wanting to leave my daughter alone.

-------------------------

Hey, long time no see?

Sorry for the wait and the short update I've just had a lot going on like five thousand million projects and homework. I've been writing this on my short little breaks plus I've just got obsessed with this new TV show the 100. Don't tell me what happens, but ITS SO GOOD!

~Charming