Chapter 5- Kayla

🎬Kayla🎬

I walk down the roads of Storybrooke, skipping along the sidewalk. Archie smiles and waves at me as he walks Pongo. Ruby puts out the open sign for Granny's and everyone just looks so happy today.

"Morning Kayla" Ruby smiles at me.

"Morning!" I call back.

I skip into school and sit down looking over at Will. Dear sweet Will. I stare a little longer till Jessica walks over and sits down next to me.

"If you stare any longer, he might not notice you" she giggles into my ear.

"Shut up" I say smacking her on the arm. I look her up and down and sigh. "Red, again?"

"It was what made my dad look good" she nods.

Jessica, the daughter of Jafar, the villain in Aladdin's story. Once he was banished, he met a maiden names Trinity. The two fell in love and when Zelena's curse hit, the two were sent here. Trinity died in child birth but Jafar is still alive. She understand me, being the villains daughter and all. But my mother is not a villain, and no one will understand that except Jessica, for she is in the same vote.

I sigh and turn back to Will. The son of Glinda the Good. When Zelena died, Glinda was able to leave the snowy world and come to here, Storybrooke. Here she met a man by the name of Will Scarlett. They had a son and names him after his dad, Will. He is the son of a hero, Glinda, while I'm the daughter of a hero too, but no one can look past the stories of the Enchanted Forest.

"Hello everyone" Miss Darling smiles.

"Good morning Miss Darling" everyone chirps back. Jessica and I turn to Miss Darling and wait for the boring lesson we have today.

"So I have planned a project where you must write a report about your family's past and create a family tree" Miss Darling smiles at us.

I burst out laughing at this. I have to make a family tree?! Oh mine is going to take up the whole classroom, pretty much everyone in this town is related to me.

"Is there something funny?" Miss Darling asks me.

"I'm sorry it's just that pretty much everyone in this town is related to me" I smile.

"Well then I expect it to be top of the charts" Miss Darling glares at me. "You will also have to present these too the class."

My face falls.

A girl in the back raises her hand.

"Yes Tiffany" Miss Darling smiles.

I roll my eyes. Tiffany is the daughter of Tiana, from the princess and the frog. She thinks she's all that, and everyone goes with it. Me on the other hand, I think she is just nothing to brag about.

"Do we need to add their Enchanted Forest name too?" Tiffany smiles.

"Yes" Miss Darling says. "On the family tree, you must add their Storybrooke name with their Enchanted Forest name. Take Kayla for example, in Storybrooke, her mother is known as Regina Mills, but is the Enchanted Forest, most know her as The Evil Queen. Kayla would have to write both down."

I put my head on my desk as the class snickers. Why did Miss Darling had to pick me for an example? She knows how much the class hates me for being the "villains" daughter. But I'm not! I don't understand why people can't just look past the stories there family tells them and listen to the stories of her defeating the Wicked Witch, or her going to Neverland and saving Henry. Yes she did help Ursula, Cruella, Maleficent and Rumplestiltskin but she's changed.

And also, Miss Darling was some what saved by my mom, so why is she always picking on me?!

"Now class, tonight get some information on your family. Ask your parents. Also, I know some of you have your families stories in books" Miss Darling winks at me. I raise my head and look at her strangely. Wait, Henry's book! Everything from my past is in there! All I have to do is get the book from Henry, I'm sure he still has it.

"Get everything you can on information so you can do some research tomorrow. On Wednesday, we will start our report. You will get Wednesday and Thursday in class to write your report. On Friday we will start the family tree. That will be your homework over the weekend, to finish your family tree. Next week will be editing and practising to do presentations the week after. Class dismissed" Miss Darling smiles.

Everyone stands up an. Leaves the room to go to lunch. I eat my sandwich, which was disgusting. Mom knows I hate ham. I try to turn it into a mouth watering bacon and cheese baguette, but fail when the bread gets burnt, badly.

"Trying out your magic, huh?" Jessica asks taking a bite from her samosa.

"Yah but why does your dad make you samosas" I say gesturing to the food in her hand, "and my mom gets me ham."

Jessica just shrugs and takes another bite. I sigh and continue to eat the burnt sandwich till the bell rings again, signalling us to go back to class.

~.~

The day felt like it took forever to finish. I was excited to get home and talk to Mom about my project. It's a two week project and I'm kind of excited. Maybe Mom will tell me more about my dad then he left when she realized she was pregnant with me. I kind of thought that would be all I would ever know, but with this project I could finally find some stuff out about my past.

Sometimes I feel like that's all my mom knows about him. When she talks about him to me, or tells me the same thing every time, I feel like she's trying so hard to remember more, but can't.

I skip home and drop my bag in my room. I grab my phone and start to text Jessica, she's my only friend, and contact who is my age, don't judge.

She replies with a simple, dads night, and I just lie on my bed bored. Jessica always goes out with her dad and spends the night, playing games or just talking, once every week. I wish Mom would do that with me, but she's always so busy with town stuff.

Emma drags her into all town business, when ogres found a portal from the Enchanted Forest, my mom spent endless nights locked away in her vault searching for a way to stop them. I had to spend my time alone, here. Ruby would come sometimes to check up on me, like she did Henry, as you know, she was the babysitter.

I hear the door open and close.

"I'M HOME!" I hear my mom yell.

"UPSTAIRS!" I yell back.

I hear her heels click against the hardwood as she climbs the stairs.

"Hey" she smiles walking into my room.

"Hey mom" I smile jumping up and hugging her.

"How was your day?" She asks.

"Alright. We got a new project in history" I smile.

"Oh really what's it about?" She asks.

"It's a family project. I have to write a speech on my family and draw a family tree" I smile. "Maybe I could draw my dad into the tree."

"Like I says before" my mom says. "He left when I found out I was pregnant with you."

I look at her intensely and tell she's racking her brain, searching for more, but finds nothing. Like every time before.

I sigh and nod heading out of my room. I head down the stairs to to the living room. I click on the TV and search through it for something to watch. Once I find something that I find somewhat interesting, I lean back and relax.

---------------------