Chapter 1: Me Too

~Dravon~

"Dravon, did you say we have Jesse and Rush, along with their mate's staying with us?" My girlfriend Felicity asks for the 3rd time today.

"Yes, Fe. And Rush's sister Katy. I believe Jesse's brother and his mate are also staying with us. They are coming either tonight or tomorrow. I'm not sure which. I'm waiting for a reply from them. They've been busy with their mate's and there were some other things going on. Why are you asking again?"

"Because I want you all to myself. I thought you'd have gotten the hint and put them up elsewhere. We're going to be mated soon. And I don't really want them in my house. I plan for us to spend the first few days in bed and will be occupying your time when you're not busy with the hunt. Can't we please put them with your brother? I'm sure Kris won't mind" She whines. We've been together a while now and I really want to settle down and have a wyrmling as soon as possible. I can't wait forever for a mate that might never show. I've been waiting many years now and have decided it is finally time to give up and mate with her.

"Felicity, they will be here for a few days. I haven't seen them in a while and would actually like to see them. So no, I will not ask Kris to have them at his. The house is big enough that they may take the rooms furthest from ours and that way you won't have to worry, Ok? Now I have to get this done before I go to sleep. So please, let me finish and then I will join you in bed ok" I say hoping this will placate her. I have reports on the increasing rogue activity as of late.

I know that Jesse and Rush have been having the same problem's, but for some strange reason we seem to be getting hit harder along our borders. We don't even know what they want. They just keep coming, they don't even cause any real harm or damage. It's as if they're looking for something. I will have to get them to go over this with me and see if we can't figure it out together.

"Argh. Fine! Does Ryu wish to take us for a fly? Nuri wants to feel the wind in my hair, and you haven't taken me out in so long. Please, before you have to finish up? I'll go to bed after but she's itching to get out, and is even more excited for our mating when she can finally fly herself. Please?" She pleads. I really need to get this done but twenty minutes should not hurt, and Ryu has been getting a little ornery and jittery over the last few days. It does not help that though he too wants to start a family, he wants to wait a little longer for our mate. In the end he agreed to mate Felicity but demanded I do it on the hunt and not before, and that he did not want to speak with me for a few days.

"Ryu. Would you like to take a flight with-"
"No. She can go find someone else to take her. I do not wish to have her all over me. I have to put up with her climbing all over you as it is" Ah yes, he is rebelling against her at the moment, how could I forget.
"Suit yourself. But you have not been out much recently. You can not keep ignoring her. We agreed on this. When are you going to get ov-"
"When I am good and fucking ready, Dravon. I agreed because you made a fair argument. Not because it is what I want! Just tell her to fuck off and get back to your work"
"I can force you, you know"
"Yeah, see how that works out for you. I am not going" With a sigh I turn to her and say.

"Ryu is not feeling it tonight. Sorry. Why not ask your mother to take you though. I will just see you when you are back" She pulls an annoyed face and huffs.

"Fine. Don't come with me then. Maybe I should just go to my sisters for the night. She will have time for me" She then storms off. I go after her and stop her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Please don't be like that. I can't help being busy, Fe. I'm the King and have responsibilities. I'll tell you what, I'll work until you're back and then spend some time with you before you fall asleep and then complete my work. What do you say?"