Chapter 21: Origins

~Dravon~

I turn to the story after looking at the family tree. The names are so similar to ours, it is disconcerting. And then I started to read the Origins book.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the beginning the moon goddess created beings she would later call her children. These being were;

Lycan's, fierce creatures that could shift forms and were strong and powerful. Only the Royal's have red fur. Super humans with traits of a wolf.

Dragon's, that had both the ability to breath fire and ice as well as wield them in their hands. Only the Royals scales were pearlescent in color and the ones with high power often had red in their hair. The rest vary in a kaleidoscope of colours. When they are one, they are at their most powerful.

Dark Witches, They were called that due to their dark coloured hair and they could wield earth and fire and worked in blood magic. 

Light Witches, They were blonde, almost white in hair colour and could wield water and wind and worked in spiritual and healing magic and both worshiped their sacred tree that was created with the essence of the moon goddess herself and would aid in a mating ritual when the mating hunts took place at its location.

The original Kings and Queens were known as the pure bloods. They were the most powerful of their kinds. As years passed and matings of different kinds took place, their offspring would have both their parents' most dominant trait. Creating the hybrids. 

When one particular creature had so much power they needed balancing, they would be gifted multiple mates. This only ever happened among the Royal's though. 

Decades passed and one unfortunate Lycan King, who lost his mate to rouges, fell in love with a human. Wanting to mate with her he used his pure blood and bit her. Thus creating the wolf shifters. Only a Lycan can create via a bite. No wolf can, though it has been attempted.

More time passed and there were those that wanted more power. Witches, wolves and dragons, banded together, hunting down the purebloods to syphon their magic and use their blood for spells and nefarious deeds. They even kidnapped and abused them, using them to make their family line more powerful. 

The moon goddess angered and no longer able to sit by and watch as her children were hunted and killed, started taking gifts away. No longer were there offspring hybrids. They only gain one of their parents' heritage. Whichever parent had the strongest gift, that is what the child would be. 

Unfortunately the pure bloods, who still had all their powers and gifts, were still hunted for centuries, until they were near extinction.

All the remaining pure bloods were now in hiding and The light witch Queen, known as Bella, who could shift into a dragon and a wolf, discovered her mates among the 3 remaining Kings. They moved from place to place, hiding from those wishing to do them harm. They even have a daughter that they knew will be coveted, as she, like her mother, would possess the gifts of all the creature's, being the most powerful of the purebloods by far. 

One night they are woken from their sleep by the sounds of their 2 month old cries and realise what is happening. They're forced into fleeing, when they discover their property was infiltrated and they were under attack by a large group of rogues. In order to protect their mate and child, her Dragon mate, Dravo and dark witch mate, Russ, stayed behind, losing their life in the process. It gives Bella and her Lycan mate, Jess, the opportunity they needed to escape with their daughter.

Over the next few days they keep moving, never stopping longer than to eat and sleep. Being exhausted, scared and emotional, the grief finally catches up with her and she refuses to go any further.