Chapter 49: Do You Feel That?

~Dravon~

I hate that she feels this way. Something else must be going on though because she did not react this way before. I manage to calm her down the first time, but as soon as Rush comments that we will be gone all night, she has a meltdown. Throw in how Parker is being, and something does not add up! I do not know if the others have noticed but he is also acting strange. It is like when he eats things he does not like. Why did we not ask Zephyr about this, he did not even comment so maybe he knows something we do not.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I know Jesse will keep her safe, I mean us going when she is like this! I am worried, as she is not acting like herself" I ask them both as we walk to the open field where we will meet the warriors, including my brother. She has a death grip on mine and Rush's hand as she follows Jesse.

"We don't have a choice. He needs to be found, and we agreed it would be safer to do it without her there" Rush replies.

"I don't like how she's reacting, but I'll keep an eye on her. My guess is that she's feeling the separation more due to having three mates" Jesse says.

"So why is Parker also still reacting strangely!? Jesse, perhaps you will have a moment to speak with Zephyr about it. He seems to have not made a comment on it and as none of us asked, he did not volunteer any information" I ask him. Kylie does not notice as she is looking at her feet, which I am getting more worried about, no less, as Jesse looks at me over his shoulder.

"I thought it was just me... I'll keep an eye on them both and ask him as soon as I can"

"Jesse's probably right. I doubt it has anything to do with her astral projecting and what happened, It's just because she has three mates. I'm sure we, along with Zephyr would have noticed or he would have said something if it was something bad. Just... fucking keep an eye on her and if we have to come back because of anything, we will. She comes first-" Rush starts, and it is not like him to start panicking like that.

"Calm down, Rush. Leave the crazy to me. You're starting to freak me the fuck out. Shit! Do you think-" We are now at the field and everyone is there. Kylie interrupted what Jesse was about to say when she said in a deadpan tone.

"So.. Errr... Which one am I sending you to?" When Rush steps forward and starts to explain it, her hands tighten, which I did not think possible.

"The one we discussed, Angel. It's the closest and last reported in your book"

"Right. Right. I-I knew that. I was just double-checking"

"Rush. Maybe we should let the warriors-"

"I don't like it either, but we can't leave it down to them. My magic is far superior and I have a better chance of using my magic to locate him. We've talked about this. The sooner we go the sooner we find him and get back to her" He cuts me off as he wraps her in his arms. She burrows Into his chest, and then reluctantly lets him go to dive into mine. I squeeze her tight, not wanting to let go, so I kiss her head and say.

"Everything will be OK, dii rii yolos. I love you" I go to pull away but she holds on, saying she loves me. I then expect her to let go but she does not, so Jesse comes over and pries her arms from around me, and wraps her in his arms. She does not take her eyes off of us, worrying at her lip. I see Jesse whispering in her ear, as we wait for her to teleport us, and after a few more minutes she waves her hands and we are at the location.

"Rush-"

"I know, OK! Let's just get on with it. She'll be fine" He snaps at me then goes over to his head warriors. He is acting like he is not affected by the distance or her behavior, but I know better.