Chapter 56: Shh!

~Kylie~

"I- I-" Devlin starts, but he can't speak past being choked, as Jesse squeezes tighter.

"What was that? I didn't quite catch it. Did you think I would let you get away with threatening my mate? How does it feel having someone's fingers squeezing the air from your lungs?" Jesse growls at him. Giving him a good shake. I want this dealt with now, so I open my hand and call a dagger to me, wrapping my hand tightly around the hilt. I bring it up from under us and plunge it into Devlin's heart. His eyes widen and then Jesse snaps his neck, dropping him to the floor.

He spins me around and slams his lips to mine, showing me just how scared he really was, as he pours his feelings into the kiss, and I feel Rush and Dravon step up behind me, caging me inbetween them all. I pull back and Jesse says.

"I couldn't fucking wake you… Why? Then the house blew up, tearing you from my arms… I couldn't find you and-"

"Shh. I was dreaming, I didn't want to wake up. The dream felt so real and I needed to protect them… I ended up in a tree but I couldn't hear anything or get through to any of you… I ran and managed to get you to me, but what happened after that? I remember how you ended up back with me, but I don't know the inbetween" I ask him. He hasn't stopped kissing every inch of my face and neck, the other two now doing the same, needing to touch me. They're getting me all hot and bothered.

"I'm guessing Devlin did something, but I didn't end up far. I knew where to find you because of you teleporting me to you, so I raced back to find him with his hands on you-"

"Let's not forget you almost died Jess. Luckily Kylie's magic sought you out and healed you, but only because we arrived in time to kill the rouges tearing into you!" Dravon adds. Wait, he almost died!? Jesse didn't tell me that… unless that wasn't a part of his time. It really is a mind fuck all this time shit! 

"You're going to explain your thoughts to me, love, but yes. You and they saved me, I raced here, and I was ready to kill him… What dream were you having, love. I tried to get in and wake you, but I couldn't... Something was keeping me out. Then you were encased in Amber and we had to figure out how to get you out. I've been going a bit crazy, and this time rewind confus-"

"You've been more than a bit crazy Jesse. You've-" Rush starts.

"Alright! So I've been practically feral. It's not my fault! You all know how crazy-" I press my fingers to his lips, shutting him up saying.

"There's a reason for your erratic and feral behaviour, my love. And I'm not sure about the time rewind, but would you like a glimpse of my dream?" I look into his eyes as he nods, and with a smile I send him images of me chasing the three beautiful three-year-olds.

"They look like-"

"You? Yeah they do"

"I want that bad, love. You were also pregnant I see" He growls pulling me closer, then kisses just under my ear.

"I was?" I say feigning ignorance.

"Mmm" He murmurs as he starts to kiss my neck.

"Jesse! There's still shit going on around us, I need to deal with that quickly" I laugh, making him chuckle and pull back.

"Yeah. But you stay in my arms" I roll my eyes at him and say.

"I need to lycan up, so you're going to have to step back I'm afraid" He steps back, but not far and says.

"Do your thing, love. But do it fast" I then burst into my lycan with a roar, bringing all the rogues to their knees. They're all detained and I was going to help heal everyone, but it turns out I already did. I shift back, but not before all three surround me so no one sees me naked. And then a top is popped over my head. I put my arms in, and it comes to mid thigh so it covers me enough that they step back. I'm about to ask where the book is when Dravon grabs my face and slams his lips to mine.