Episode 34: Enumerating the Similarities (September 25, 2021)

#Ellipsis

#Elлипсваsisters

Chapter 7 - Episode 34: Enumerating the Similarities (September 25, 2021)

Warning: This may contain some derogatory and illicit language. Information and personalities in this story aren't as it is on real life and is just for the story. Read at your own risk.

Date: August 30, 2021, at the cemetery...

"Good morning, Mr. Gray. We received a memorandum from the local government that you'll be exhuming Mr. Ericson's body one of these days. Did you bring the paperwork?" the cemetery guard asked him. He then gave the files to him.

"Just call me if the grave diggers are ready." Earl then left the guard to call someone.

"Dr. Helios. Good morning. Can you come at the cemetery and bring some materials? I want you to collect a DNA sample from a dead body." he then asked the person he called.

"I would like to do that, Mr. Gray, but unfortunately, the DNA center I was working for was suddenly closed due to its financial problems, so now, I'm still unemployed and looking for a hospital to hire me." Dr. Helios told him the bad news.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Dr. Helios. I hope that you'll be more successful in your future endeavors." Earl then ended the call after saying goodbye to one another.

"Oh, that Filipino-based center that the researcher has told me. I'm sure that he also included their number there." he then browsed through his messages to find his conversation with a journalist. After some minutes...

"This will be easy, Earl. You're already near in finding the truth about all of us."he said to himself while waiting for the DNA center to answer.

"Mabuhay! You are calling DNAMalalayo, a DNA center started by Filipinos in United States. How may I help you?" a representative answered.

"Hello, a researcher from Ms. Soho has referred me your DNA center and I want you to collect a sample from a legally exhumed body and his alleged children." he then requested.

"May you please go later at our office and fill up the details including the date of testing for all living and dead people needed to be tested?" the representative asked him.

"May I ask how are you sure that the exhumation won't be performed today?" Earl just asked out of curiosity.

"Sir, cemeteries will give the clients that will request an exhumation at least 2 days of grace period to thoroughly think about their decision if they want to see their family decomposing or in its skeletal form." the representative explained.

"Is that so? Then expect me at your office later. The name is Earl Gray, by the way." Earl just responded.

"I'll take note of that Mr. Earl Gray. See you later." he then ended the call as the guard approached him.

"About the exhumation of your father, Mr. Earl Gray, this wouldn't be approve if it wasn't for the DNA testing as the exhumation is usually performed at least after fifteen years of death and not after fifteen days." the guard explained.

"For the exhumation, you can come back with your designed DNA team that will perform the testing on the first of September since all of the grave diggers if I forgot to tell you earlier, they are all still in quarantine and will be just released days later to continue working here. That also gives you time to think if you still want to continue digging your father up." the guard continued.