Episode 36: Expectations Crushed (September 29, 2021)

#Ellipsis

#Elлипсваsisters

Chapter 8 (Finale) - Episode 36: Expectations Crushed (September 29, 2021)

Warning: This may contain some derogatory and illicit language. Information and personalities in this story aren't as it is on real life and is just for the story. Read at your own risk.

Date: August 30, 2021, at Earl's car in Hollywood...

"Ms. Harper, about you, aside from having so much resemblance with my mom, I kind of heard your name back then when I was younger. I hope that I won't be too invading when I ask you this. Did you work for my mom back then at E Firm. Her name is Arlyn Parker, by the way." Elaine asked her while Earl isn't back yet.

"Yes, I worked for her for a long time when the company hasn't changed the name yet to E Firm. But I left after she died." Mylene just answered.

"Wait. Who died back then that you decided to leave?" Elaine asked out of curiosity.

"Your boyfriend's mother. And I also have a hunch that your mother had a relationship with his father that's why his mother drove away and then died from an accident. No offense, Ms. Parker." Mylene told her and apologized after.

"Don't be. She is already dead to even hear that. But may I ask you, since apparently, you know my mother more than I do. Do you know who my father is?" Elaine then asked her.

"Honestly, I don't know. But if you want your question to be answered, I suggest that you come back to her house and look for her ancient files. I see her keeping all the letters that she received there. You may find someone special from there." Mylene suggested.

"May you accompany me when I do, Ms. Harper. I don't know if Earl will allow me outside alone tomorrow as obviously, he will keep me inside his house the rest of this day." Elaine then asked for a favor.

"Sure, Elaine. Anything for you. I'll absent tomorrow, just text me or call me when Earl already left the house then I'll fetch you for us to go at your mom's house." Mylene just added her suggestion.

"Okay." Elaine just replied before seeing Earl approaching the car.

"Let's go home." after he said this, his phone then started ringing.

"Wait, I'll just answer this. Hello, this is Earl Gray. Will the team of yours will go to the testing day or on the announcement of results?" he then had a talk with the caller.

"Due to the strict protocols of our country, Mr. Earl Gray, we'll be sorry that we won't make it to the testing day with all of you alleged sisters. But we'll promise that the team will safely arrive there virus free at the end of the month since the tests will take long due to the multiple combinations of test you applied for." a representative journalist told him.

"I understand. Those virus could really halt everything. Just make sure that no one will be sick once you arrive here. I'll contact you next time." Earl then ended the call and started driving.

"Elaine, do you want something before we go back home?"

Date: August 31, 2021, the next day, at Earl's house...

"Hello, Ms. Harper? Do you need anything this early in the morning?" Earl asked her after answering the call.

"Mr. Earl, I'm sorry to say this but I turned out positive for the virus so I won't be around for weeks at your office. I could still be able to report through email or anything online if you will permit." Mylene answered and suggested some adjustments.