Chapter 41

Tris POV

I bounce on the balls of me feet as I wait patiently for these people to get on with it. I insisted that I be barefoot, considering I don't need to be as tall as Tobias to kiss him, let alone I wouldn't come close anyways.

I can see everything through the screen, I haven't stopped looking at Tobias since we had both been standing here. He looks amazing, his suit fits him so nicely...... Especially in the rear. I can't stop staring at him, I mean he's like a god.

Eventually we get to the point where the bridesmaids and groomsmen are walking down the isle, I hear Tobias let out a laugh when Christina and Zeke walk together down the isle. I catch a glimpse and I laugh as well. As I watch him leave, I can't stop looking at his butt.....

God it looked so good.

Once he walks down the isle, they remove the see-through screen that was separating Tobias and I and I smile wide.

We're almost there.

I'm almost married.

Once my two young cousins, Dylan and Carter; yes my aunt named her daughter Dylan; finished towing the small white wagon down the isle that carried my two precious children in it, it was finally time.

The pianist began playing the typical tune and my dad locked his arm with mine, I had forgotten that he was here all this time, and smiled, "Ready, dear?" I nod, completely sure of myself.

We began walking slowly, I could see him. His face instantly lit up at the sight of me.

My eyes began to water, I have never been so happy in all my life.

My dress was long enough to cover my feet, so I periodically worried about tripping, making a fool of myself at my own wedding.

After what felt like a lifetime, I was finally staring face to face with the man I would soon call my husband, my soulmate, my lover, my best friend, my Tobias.

My dad shook Tobias' hand, "Take care of her."

I don't think I could've seen a wider smile come from him, "Of course, sir."

My father kissed my hand and place my small, childlike hands into Tobias' large ones. Of course, any other day I'd be panicking, wondering if Tobias liked my small hands, only to say to myself, of course he does, he wouldn't be marrying you if he didn't like you for you.

Obviously to be self-conscious of something as petty as my hands being the size of a child's, I had to be pretty self-confident to remind myself that Tobias does love me.

I took his hand confidently, I could tell that tears were running down my face, but at this point, I honestly could care less.

For the first time in all my time, I felt confident in my small body, that lacked  the curves and dips that normally would drive a man crazy.

For once I felt beautiful.

I felt like me.

I kept my grip tight on Tobias' hand, never willing to let go.

This is all real.

This is actually happening.

I don't think anything had ever gone so right in my life, or maybe they did.

I like to think back, to when times were simpler, before I knew the man standing before me.

Back when I was young, running around our small house, barefoot, wearing nothing but a small white cotton dress, that had been a hand-me-down, but I could've cared less.

All I knew was that life was this wonderful thing.

Something that you are blessed with.

Something you have to cherish.

And what I have gathered for myself over the years, I had learned the most important lesson you could ever learn.

Life is this big, well, mess.

And it is far too beautiful to waste.