Chapter 42

Tris POV

The preacher snaps me out of my daze by speaking the words I've been anticipating all day, "We are gathered here today, for the wedding of Beatrice Prior and Tobias Eaton."

I grin widely and I see that Tobias is as well.

"We will start with the vows, Tobias I believe you said you'd like to go first?" I frown, every time we practiced, even though it wasn't our actual vows, I'd gone first.

I raise an eyebrow, "When did you decide this, Tobias?" I ask, using his name slightly harshly.

He gives me an apologetic look, "I wanted to do something special, love."

I raise an eyebrow and Tobias just smiles and walks over beside the pianist and she starts playing a tune.....

I know this. I think to myself.

He begins singing,
"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me-I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

So, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are."

I know now, Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran.

God this man, oh my god. This man.

He really loves me.

I can't stop the tears that begin falling, I feel someone walk over and hug me.

Tobias.

He kisses my cheek softly, "You okay, love? Because if it's okay, I'd like to start my vows, which are all about my undying love for you."

I smile through the tears and nod, "Of course," I choke out.

"Beatrice Mikayla Prior, how do you do it? You somehow managed to fall in love with me, despite how much of a pain I am. You managed to forgive me for forgetting the protection that night, even though that, by far, was the best mistake I have ever made. You have also made me fall in love with you, and it's nothing that either of us can control, it's something that happens so naturally.

"Life has taught me that there's a reason why people stay together, whether they're dating, engaged, married, or just friends. And it's because they each give each other something that no one else can give them. I love you, Tris, and I am who am I am, because of you. You came into my life, and you are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday will be the greatest day of my life as long as I'm with you. I love you to the moon and back, and back again. My love for you will never cease, as it it like an infinity. And my love for you, is the greatest of all infinities I've encountered in my time. I love you, Beatrice."

I cover my mouth, stifling the sob that soon comes. "I-I love you too, Tobias, so much," I murmur, just loud enough for him to hear.

"Beatrice, would you like to say your vows?" The preacher asks.

I nod slowly, attempting to compose myself.

"Sometimes," I begin, my voice shaking slightly, "you meet someone, and it's so clear that the two of you, on the same level, belong together.

"As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand each other or or you're in love, or you're partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you to feel alive. Tobias, you are that person to me. You are my lover, and my friend, and my family, and I can never thank you for what you have done for me. You stuck with me, especially when I needed you most, and when I was nearly two tons of woman and child," that earns a few laughs, including both Tobias and I, "people say that home is where the heart is, and well, my heart stay with you, Tobias, you are my home. I love you, even under the worst circumstances, in the worst pain, in the worst heartbreak. I will never stop loving you, not that I could even if I wanted to. I love you, Tobias Eaton."

I look up to see the mess of a man that I love oh so much, crying. I place my hand on his cheek, "Oh, Toby," I whisper, the tears still flowing down my cheeks.

He flashes his signature Tobias Eaton grin and wipes my tears away, "I love you," he whispers.

I grin, "I love you too, Tobias."