Chapter 31

Tris POV
*3 months later*
I woke up with a huge smile on my face, I don't even know why, and jumped on top of Tobias and started singing, Wide Awake by Katy Perry. He groaned and covered his ears as I sang louder and squeezed him in a tight hug. I smirked when he rolled over and looked at me, "What?" I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes and leaned up and kissed me, "You may be annoying but I love you too much for that to matter." I smiled wide and blushed, "Awwww, Tobias, you're so romantic." I cuddled into him as I said it. He smiled and kissed the top of my head.
Eventually we both got up and took care of Anna and Gus. When I walked into the room, Gus was sitting up and looking at me and he smiled goofily, "MAAA!" He said. I almost fainted. "Augustus!" I yelled. He giggled as Tobias came in. I looked at Tobias, my eyes glassy with tears. He gave me a concerned look, "Tris? Are you okay?" I nodded and ran over and hugged him, "Gus said his first words." The next thing I knew Tobias was smiling wider than I've ever seen before.
Gus, not getting as much attention as he wanted, began yelling, "MAAAA! MAAAAAA! MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I smiled wide and pushed away from Tobias and picked up Gus, "Hey buddy!" He giggled and Tobias came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I jumped slightly but smiled, "Can you say daddy?" Gus looks at me confused and exclaimed, "MAAAAAA!" I look over to Tobias, who looks disappointed. I sigh and we feed Gus and Anna. Anna hasn't started talking yet, but she babbles to herself constantly.
Once we finish feeding them, I put them down for a nap while Tobias walks off. I sigh and go to find him. "Tobias?" I call out. I hear nothing and I begin to worry. "Tobias?!" I say with concern and worry in my voice. I still don't hear anything. I run all around the house looking for him and I find him in the bedroom and I sigh in relief and fall onto my knees. He's laying face down on the bed. Finally, I get up and make my way over to him. I sit beside him and rub his back. "Tobias..." He makes a sound in response, which I believe is a sob and I instantly feel bad. "Toby, w-what's wrong?" I roll him over and sit on top of him, straddling him. "I-It's nothing." He responds. I sigh and lean down and rest my head on his chest, "Tobias, it's not nothing, what's wrong? You can tell me anything." He sighs and pulls me into him, "Gus said ma, that's great babe." I push myself away from him and sit straddling him again, "Are you upset that he can't say dad?" He cowers back and nods slightly. I immediately lean down and hug him, "Oh, Tobias! I'm so sorry baby!" He holds me tight and sobs again, "It hurts, Tris, it hurts!" I hold him tighter and kiss his cheek, "It's okay, I love you, it's okay."
Tobias eventually falls asleep to me stroking his face and murmuring sweet nothings into his ears.
Soon enough I find myself asleep as well.

************************************ Hey look! I updated again! I need ideas guysssssssssss