Chapter 53

Tris POV

Blood.

It's everywhere.

Circulating through our bodies, from the heart throughout.

Until something happens.

When the balance is thrown off.

When the blood stops circulating.

And is no longer inside our bodies.

That's the first step to knowing something is wrong.

When your blood is no longer inside your body, when it is anywhere but.

That's how you know, whether it be a paper cut, or a large gash.

You know that something is wrong.

That's how I knew I was having a miscarriage.

Blood.

It was seeping down my thighs.

Tobias was there, trying to stop the bleeding.

But you can't stop life, now can you.

No, you can't.

>>>>

After that day, Tobias and I assumed we'd never survive, that all the hope was lost. That it had faded into oblivion.

Until the helicopters came by again, this time, landing near the beach. I held Tobias close, sobbing. We would see Anna and Augustus soon. We wouldn't die.

That was until Tobias stopped moving.

There was nothing.

No breaths, his hot breath gone.

Flashback: The last person to speak is a tall boy with beautiful stormy blue eyes, "Hi, I'm Four," he says and gestures for me to sit next to him. Once I sit I get bombarded with questions, "So, Tris, where'd you move here from?" Asks Christina who is sitting across from me in the booth.

"Uh... I've moved all around Chicago, actually, my family and I have moved about 10 times just this year," I say and Four gives me a look, "Wow, that's a lot of moving, does that mean you've been to like 10 different schools too?" He asks. I nod, "It's been hard, but yeah." He nods.

"So Tris you got a boyfriend?" Uriah asks and wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh a bit and shake my head, "Nope. Don't really have time for one because we've always been moving."

Uriah nods and pats Four on the back, "Well you and Four can date!" I smile a bit and look down as Four punches Uriah on the arm. Four turns to me and whispers, "You'll have to excuse Uriah over here, he loves to say the most random things." I smile and look up and get lost in his gorgeous blue eyes.

I'm snapped back to attention when I hear Uriah snapping and saying, "Tris, Four, snap out of it!" We both blush and Uriah smirks, "I bet you guys that they'll be dating by the end of the summer!" Zeke smirks and screams, "You're on!"

I roll my eyes and look in front of me to see Christina and Will sucking face and I turn to Four, "Do they do that a lot?" He nods, "Yeah, you see everyone's dating someone except basically you, me, and Lynn. Beacause Uriah and Marlene kinda have a thing." I nod, "Who's Lynn?" I ask. "Oh that's Shauna's sister, she couldn't come tonight."

I nod and try not to not to look at the two couples kissing in front of me, "Well, I should probably get walking considering it's almost dark." I say and everyone says, "Nice to meet you!" Except Four, he gets up after me and says, "Hey I can drive you home, if you want..." He scratches the back of his neck. I smile, "Thanks, I'd like that."

That was when we first met, who would've known that we'd fall in love, or get married, or have two children.

But I'm glad that it all happened, even though it was so fast.

The rescue helicopters begin loading Tobias and I into the chopper, performing CPR on him to keep him alive. They insert an IV into both of our arms, causing me to scream slightly, but it's not nearly as painful as my leg. The dose of medicine makes my eyes heavy, making me fall asleep.

>>>>

Four POV

When I wake, I'm in the hospital. Where's Tris? My beloved Tris?

I begin to gag, choking on the intubation tube that is down my throat.

"Sir! Sir! I need you to calm down, please!" The doctor shouts as she begins to take the tube out of my throat. She finally gets it out of my throat and looks to me, "Do you have a name, sir?" She asks.

"Where's my wife?" I say, tears filling my eyes. "My wife, where is she?!" I exclaim.

The doctor tries to calm me down, "Sir, I need your name, please, then I can help find your wife," she says.

"Eaton, Four Eaton," I say, my breaths heavy.

"Okay, I'll find your wife for you, Mr. Eaton," she says and stands up.

Oh god, I can't live without her.

>>>>

Ayyyyyeeee look at that! I updated on time! Little bitty cliffhanger for you guys though, sorry about that.