01

The car came to a stop making me open my eyes rubbing them a little,Bashir nudged me again probably after noticing that I am going back to sleep "Aunty M!" He shout making me startled.

"We are here." He stated as he jumped down "Who even sleep on a 15 minutes journey?" He questioned rolling his eyes and I eye him.

A yawn escape my lips as I turn around to see the building,my mouth hang open as I stare at the building.

Is this a house?

Or an abandoned building?

I let my eyes dart around the whole area and I literally shivered.This is the total opposite of our old life.The building looks deprived of paint,their are only a little milky orange paint left at some parts.It is a two story building and it really is small for us.

"We can manage." I stated shrugging,trying to be optimistic.

Al'amin walked to me as if he was scared of what he was about to say "Aunty M,their are other people inside the building." He whispered into my ears.

The scream I let out was totally involuntary,like this building is small and we have to share?

Ammi spun around giving me a fierce look "Maintain Maryam." She stated and I nod my head quickly apologizing.

Abba came back and smiled at us with a man trailing behind "Good morning,welcome to Jalo estate." He stated warmly and we all thanked him.

"HELLO JALO ESTATE!" I mumbled under my breath.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here." I doubt we will but nevertheless I shot him a smile,even though I really want to cryyyyy.

He led us inside the house and curious eyes were piqued on us.We all know that kind of moment,when you come to somewhere new and you have to act all nice to the people around.Well,me and my brothers are smiling and greeting everyone right now.

The most annoying thing is some don't even care to answer.Some are busy staring; Take a picture it will last longer.

Okay,I know am funny.

The people of this place are not neat,the place is smelling awfully and baggage is scattered all around the floor.I am not used to this,I am used to a house booming with the scent of turaren wuta at every nook and cranny,this place is smelling awfully.

And yeah,their are many people in this house,ya ilahi I absolutely hate over crowded places with passion.

People poke their nose into your business that is why I hate it.

"All these people are tenants of this place.I will get to introduce you to them tomorrow and I hope you get along." He stated as he hand Abba the keys to our own house.Well part,no well room...I think.

Like,it is only one door.Gosh.

This is not an estate,well not the kind of estate I know.This is just like rented joined houses.When Abba said Jalo estate I was expecting a place better than this.A very beautiful and spacious estate,I didn't expect this.

It really seems like I am in another world.Have we really turned to this poor? I am just realizing it now then.

Ammi turned to me and I gave her a confused expression to show her that I am confused,she blinked her eyes which is; I will explain everything later.Probably,when Abba is not around.

"Thank God,we got the master apartment." Abba stated sighing "The rest have two rooms."

I turned around the oh so master apartment,taming everything in me not to roll my eyes.What is this? Master apartment my foot.

The whole apartment is the size of the kitchen of our house.Old house I mean.

The three rooms are so small,then a small parlor then a small kitchen.

Yes,everything is small.

"It is general toilet."

My heart is about to burst.

"But thank God,we have ours.Even though it is only one." Okay I agree that it is master apartment.Gosh, I would have died if we had to share the toilet with strangers.Infection is real and......I don't even want to keep talking about it so matter dropped.

The whole place is so dirty so we have been standing all this while.

"Maryam," Ammi called out and I turned around "We have to sweep and mop the whole house so that we start arranging our things." She stated "That is the main essence of coming early."

I tiredly nod my head not having any other choice,I dump my handbag on the floor as I wrapped a head tie with my veil.Bashir and Al'amin stepped out to get the things we will use while me and Ammi stood there waiting for them.

"We need to finish everything today." She stated and I nod my head.Abba stepped out to get food for us since we didn't even have breakfast.

"Abba I want burger." Al'amin stated "We should have pizza." Bashir stated making Al'amin shake his head "No."

I held my waist eyeing them as I let out a huff "We should just have chips." I stated proud of myself for my idea.

Abba nod his head and stepped out.

I collect on the broom and went into one room to sweep as Ammi instructed.

It is gonna be long day.I can already feel it.