11

My lips stretch into a smile immediately after they said they are leaving.I stood up hugging my cousin tightly "Thank you for dropping by!"

I hug my aunt also and high five my male cousin.We walked out and they hopped into their car then zoomed off.

My aunt decided to pay us a visit today,they spent nearly the whole day with us and we had a lot of fun.They also bought many snacks for us.

I scanned the whole place,as it is already 9:00pm in the night,their aren't many people here.

I decided to walk around the place for a few minutes before getting back in,I needed fresh air.I feel confined inside our house,I am used to traveling to different countries,going out with my friends and all.

Sighing, I flipped my red veil to the other side as air kept pushing it on my face.

I let my eyes wander around the whole place and my eyes fell on Ramlah as she entered a black car.I remember what she told me clearly and I truly sympathize with her.

People around the world are going through things we cannot even imagine.For example,Ramlah is suffering from her parent's ignorance and also her fear.

It must be painful to see your loved one treating you like some sort of a baggage.I decided to walk to her and say hi.

Well,yes I do have a plan.I plan on talking to her bf if he is the one.I will talk to him calmly,tell him the importance of women to this world and how we are supposed to be treated.

I promise nothing more than that-I swear.

Finally embracing myself for it, I walked to the car and knocked,it was tinted so I couldn't see what was happening.

The glass slide down and the guy eyed me "What?" He questioned and I gulp letting my eyes roam around searching for Ramlah "Where is Ramlah?" I questioned and he tensed.

He didn't kill her did he?

I let out a breath trying to calm down or at least think straight "What have you done to her?!" I shouted looking at him with my eyes wide open in fear.

"She is at the back seat you psycho!"

A sigh of relief huffed out of my mouth as I push my head in to check.Ramlah was sitting there terrified as she shook in fear.

And psycho? Me? Seriously!

"Open the door." I instruct and he let out an evil laugh.

"You have a death wish?" He question waggling his eyebrow and I tried to put on a stern face "Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You are abusing the poor girl. All she did was fall in love,is loving someone a big mistake now? If you don't love her anymore just let her go.Stop being abusive to the poor girl you bag of shit!"

By the time I was done, I was totally enraged as I stared at him with fire blazing in my eyes.

"Aunty M.RUN!" Ramlah stated when she saw him searching for something.I smiled at her and shook my head like some sort of a super woman "I will help you."

I replied still standing,not wavering.

I feel like a superwoman now,haha!

"He have a gun." She mouth and I stared at her trying to make sure,he laughed as he point the gun at me stepping out of the car.

I moved backwards raising my hand in surrender.

Thanks to the countless of films I have watched, I know that a hand is supposed to be raised up in surrender when a gun is pointed at a person.

"Calm down,let's talk it out." I was trembling and my whole body was stiff.It was just like it is not me,it felt so unreal.

Someone is pointing a gun at me?

I am so done for!

"In the count of 3.You will be dead." He stated laughing hysterically.Ramlah is dating a psycho that is for sure.

Another thing that is for sure is that; This man will kill me today.

He will kill me and probably put me at the back of his car then throw me into a large river without any trace.And that is all,Maryam's story will be closed.

My family will definitely cry for a few days and move on with their lives.Tears sting in my eyes but I wiped them away.

"Don't kill me,please." I mumbled with my voice low as more tears threatened to fall.

He shook his head smiling widely at me "3."

He pulled the trigger.My eyes bulge out as I thought of how to dodge the bullet,maybe go down when he says 1 or probably run for my life.

"2." He put his hands ready to shoot.

Okay.

It is now or never.

I should run for my life or jump to the other side like in movies.

"1."

The gun have been shot and I didn't do anything about it.I didn't run or use any movie technique.

And, I have not been shot!

How?

I looked up and found the kidnapper- I mean the tenant of the last apartment punching on the guy "RUN!"

I did.

This time, I ran.

I didn't stop till I was breathless,till I was sure that I was out of the sight of that psycho who owns a gun.

"You really do have guts,Mariam."

I turned around panting,he was standing behind me also panting trying to catch his breath.

My legs were wobbly so I let myself sit on the ground as tears roll down my eyes "I thought he was going to kill me."

My heart was beating wildly and I was trying to push the memory away.

I could have died.

I could have died!

I could have freaking died!!!!!

He came close to me "Shush." He calmly state smiling at me "Thanks for saving me."

"Thank you." I said again ducking my head down then covering my face with my palms.

"Just don't do anything stupid again,Mariam."

I nod my head like a good girl.