22

A splurge of colors didn't end up being a stupid idea.

In fact,it made Jalo estate look so epic and unique.Everyone have been throwing compliments at me because of that.I am so proud of myself, I am wiping tears of joy,lmao.

Tiredly shoving out a black abaya from my box, I shove out my red veil and set on the bed.

Dahlia is such a pain in the ass.She made me her event planner, I literally did everything!

Everything went right though.I did things without forgetting about Aunty Ruks financial status.I did the decoration!

Aunty Ruks told me that she is not inviting any decorator yesterday,so I told her that I will do it.

We just bought black balloons that say 1 and 6 making 16.Yes,Dahlia dragged me to the market yesterday in the evening.

We also bought a red and black "HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

Then we bought,D A H L I A making dahlia.

We also bought balloons and candles and many other things.Th decoration is not something grand but it looks really good.The small cake also look good perched on the table we put a white cloth on.

I did Dahlia's makeup just like I imagine and she look really pretty.I tied her black turban and then put a silver princess crown on her head.

She looks so beautiful in her gown and jewelries.

After I was done getting her ready,she hugged me and shouted "I FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS,AUNTY M!"

My ear buds really nearly deafened.

Casting my eyes on the mirror, I also look good.

I did a little makeup also today,just my normal bold red lipstick and then eyeliner and mascara.

I stepped out and we made our way out.

Reaching the restaurant,it was blasting with music and also dim with different colors of lights,well in specific;red,blue and green lights moving dim lights.My idea of this one also turned out well.

Well, I am embracing myself for some mad fun!

•••

My ears are so perky.

I walked out of the house and my ears didn't lie,someone is crying.

I walked to the source even though the music was still blasting and a bunch of teenage girls were dancing to their fill.

"No,please." I heard the woman's voice and I could see her through the transparent window shaking and crying profusely.

This is the lawyers house! The lawyer who beat up his wife.

I stared at him as he slap her hard across her cheek and she tumbled backwards begging him but he wasn't listening.

Tears rolled down from my eyes in pity for the woman.

What if she can't give birth?

Does that make her a useless being?

Not being able to give birth is not a choice.She doesn't deserve to have her happiness snatched away from her for something she doesn't have a choice on.

People are suffering.

For different kind of reasons,for the mistake they make and for the mistake they didn't make.

It is so unfair.

I pushed the door open harshly and walked in wiping my tears.

"She is your wife not a punching bag." I heard myself saying as I squat down and helped the woman up,she was shaking and crying.Her lips had blood smudged on them and her eyes were bloodshot red.

The man looked at me in question "You are a lawyer,you fight for other people's right.I doubt." I distastefully laughed "How can you fight for other people right when you are violating your wife's right?"

He stared at me angrily "Get out of my house."

"Not before calling the police.You will be punished for what you did."

I replied as I press the number and called.

"Yes,Jalo estate.A man beating up his wife."

I smiled at him widely "You will get a taste of your own medicine."

He angrily growled coming for me "You have a death wish!"

"I don't,you do." I replied with my confidence restoring when I realized that many of the tenants are here watching the show.

"And you all! What is the essence of living together if we can't help each other? We don't need to be scared,we should raise our voice when something wrong has been done to someone."

They all nod their heads.Ammi came and helped the woman sit down.

The people of Jalo estate always amaze me.

But today,they amazed me more.

They started beating the lawyer.He should get a taste of his own medicine.

The police came and took him away,I smiled proudly at the way he had a swollen face now.

"You want to file a case?" I heard Ammi ask the woman and she nod her head still terrified "I want him to divorce me."

She started crying and Ammi hugged her.

"It is fine.You will be okay."

I walked out of the house smiling.

I am proud of myself.

I saw the tenants next to them.They are the tenants that lost their only child.

"Good evening."

The both smiled at me "Thanks for saving her.He was really giving her a hard time."

I nod my head smiling.

"I heard about your son.May his soul rest in peace." Their faces turned pale and sad but they smiled.

I know it is a sensitive topic but still I can't help my curiosity.

"It is fine.Everyone leaves in the end anyway."

Right.

Everyone does.

~

Hello everyone,how are you finding the book so far?

And yeah,follow my instagram writing account "amira_writes" for quotes and experts.