T W E N T Y T W O

"Callisto Selwyn is hereby directed to be kept under custody in suspicion of the murder of Anthony Jones, Department of Mysteries. He shall be subjected to solitary detention till further notice. The court is adjourned."

The fall of the hammer resounded throughout the courtroom with a finality. Ronald Weasley stood up from his seat as he ushered his wife to follow him, as if in a hurry to get her out of the room. Hermione Granger-Weasley spared a look at the desperate face of the head auror of Macusa. He had been requesting an audience with her but her husband had been completely against it.

"Ron, maybe we should at least hear them out?" The muggleborn witch whispered him. "He is the head auror from Macusa."

The red haired wizard turned around abruptly. "I don't care if he's the Minister of Magic for Merlin's sake, Mione. He's joined to the hip with Adams and you know glaringly well who she is associated to."

Hermione sighed. "Honey, I know how you feel about Malfoy—"

"The same as you should, Mione." Ron exclaimed. "His kind killed our people, friends, family. I cannot ever look past that, specially at a time when his people are at it again." He sighed, pulling Hermione to a corner. He raked his hand through his hair.

"Ron?" The muggleborn witch said, seeing her husband shaken up. "Honey? What is—"

"I cannot lose you. I will not." He said with a stern look on his face. "I don't know what the likes of Kobayashi and Adams want with you but it cannot be good if it's connected to Malfoy. They may have infiltrated the Ministry but they bloody well won't take anyone important to me again. I will not let them."

And suddenly, the brown eyed witch could see where her husband and his paranoia had been coming from. All the victims had been Ministry workers. Muggleborn Ministry workers. With what the threats they'd been receiving and with Harry gone, it was but natural for him to be paranoid. Did not mean that she had to be okay with it. But she understood.

"I have to be out on a mission today. Promise me that you will have no contact with the likes of them."

"Ron, you know that I can take care of myself—"

"I know. You could probably hand me my arse in a duel. Does not mean I want you to be in that position." Ron sighed at the brown eyed witch's irritable expression.

"I've seen what losing his wife did to Fred, he's there for Hope but he's barely the same man he used to be. It may be selfish but I'm done being the hero. The war took alot from us, Mione — I cannot possibly give any more. I will do anything to restore the peace that we fought so hard to establish, that's my job but I will not have you or our child involved anymore than you have to be." Ron said solemnly sparing a glance at Hermione's still flat belly, more serious than his wife had ever seen him.

"Whether you like it or not, they are the enemy, Hermione. Their kind tortured you, killed our friends and families. Anyone with that bloody mark has blood on their hands. They do not deserve retribution." He said at last and walked away with a determined look on his face.

The brightest witch of her age sighed heavily. She lightly touched her belly as she thought to herself What am I supposed to do?

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A small notebook lay open on the desk in an airy Ministry room as a low hum of the alphabets was heard. A...B...C...D—

A̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶a̶ G̶r̶e̶e̶n̶g̶r̶a̶s̶s̶

B̶l̶a̶i̶s̶e̶ Z̶a̶b̶i̶n̶i̶