Trouble in Morioh

"Yumiko!" shouted Yukako as she ran towards Yumiko on the street.

"Oh, hey Yukako," Yumiko replied.

"Do you need any help with that science project?" Yukako asked.

"Not exactly.... But it would be appreciated!"

"Perfect! Let's go to your place!"

"Oh alright, sure."

-------------------------

"No, that goes here," Yukako said, pointing to a diagram and comparing it to Yumiko's project.

"I guess I did need your help..." Yumiko sighed.

"And in return for my help, I need you to talk!" exclaimed Yukako.

"What?"

"You and Josuke! What's going on!?" Yukako pried.

"Oh, nothing. We're just friends..... Well, enemies..."

"Josuke has only ever held a conversation with three women. Me, this one ghost girl, and his mother. Oh and a beautician," Yukako said, handing Yumiko a screw.

"And my sister in law. Anyways your point is?"

"Well, if he's decided to keep talking to you even though you two are frenemies, he obviously likes you!" exclaimed Yukako.

"He's told me himself, that isn't the case," Yumiko reassured.

"If that wasn't the case he would have left you alone! So why are you two always around each other!?"

"We're trying to be friends. I guess we just like hanging around each other?"

"Nobody likes that if there's tension."

".... oh my god you're right! That giant bastard!" Yumiko growled.

"Just let him figure out his own timing," Yukako sighed.

"But if I do that then what if he finds someone else?"

"I'm sure that if he's with Okuyasu and Koichi they'll be talking about the same thing we are."

-----------------------------------------

"Ok, that's 22. Just three more Okuyasu!" exclaimed Josuke, pushing the last three grapes towards Okuyasu, whose mouth was full of exactly 22 grapes.

"I would be most willing to make this more of a challenge and turn into more of these purple orbs known by you earth beings as 'grapes'," Mikitaka suggested.

"No, it's alright Mikitaka, if we give him any more grapes he'll probably explode!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Oh dear..."

"23, 24, 25!" Koichi shouted as Okuyasu stood up and cheered, some of the grapes falling out of his mouth.

--------------------------------

"Yeah sure, I bet they're just making bets about how much food they can shove in their mouths," Yumiko groaned.

"I know, but you can't help but hope..."

---------------------------------

"Did you guys hear about that new crime case?" Yumiko asked, sitting on top of a desk as the group ate lunch in an empty classroom.

Okuyasu and Josuke sat on a window sill while Koichi took up one of the desks that Yukako sat on.

"What was the case about?" Yukako asked between sips of her juicebox.

"They found a body, in that old house up on the hill," Yumiko said, gesturing out the window where there was a perfect view of an old crumbling house.

"In that old place? Of course they found one, there's got to be other ones too!" Josuke exclaimed.