Poker Face

Yumiko was reclined on the couch in Kakyoin and Cerise's living room reading a book when a frantic knock echoed from the door.

She sighed as she put her book to the side and got off the couch to answer the door.

"Yumiko! I need your help!" Josuke exclaimed.

"I'm as broke as you and I'm comfortable," Yumiko replied bluntly.

"No, I just need you to come to a friend's house with me. Well not exactly to see a friend..." Josuke mumbled.

"Josuke, what did you do?" Yumiko growled.

"I may have burnt his house down and now he's living with Koichi...." Josuke replied.

"Josuke! Oh my god! How in the hell did you burn his house down!?" Yumiko exclaimed.

"I don't know! It just happened! But I need you to come with me because I'm scared," Josuke admitted.

"Alright fine. But you owe me chips for taking me out of the house," Yumiko groaned.

"You got it!"

—----------------------------

"So who is this friend?" Yumiko asked, stuffing her hands into her jean pockets as she and Josuke walked to Koichi's house.

"He's not a friend, do you know the mangaka Rohan Kishibe?" Josuke asked.

"Not a clue who that is," Yumiko replied.

"How uncultured are you?" Josuke questioned.

"I can assure you Noriaki and Cerise both don't know him either. My father was Sergipano and my mother was Japanese. We lived in Brazil for a part of my life and then we went to Egypt, my parents made the on the spot decision to move to Japan, so I'm still pretty fresh here," Yumiko explained.

"How long have you been living here?"

"12 years."

"Well honestly it's fine, I don't mind the manga but this Rohan is a real d*ck. He kept Koichi pretty much hostage in his house," Josuke explained.

"Well I'd like to meet him for myself before I listen to you," Yumiko replied as they knocked on Koichi's door.

"Ah, Josuke and a friend," the tall man said as he opened the door.

"Hey Rohan," Josuke groaned, "this is my friend Yumiko."

"Yumiko.... You wouldn't happen to go by the last name Kakyoin would you?" Rohan asked.

"Yes actually!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"Do you remember me?" Rohan asked.

"Just give me a second, my brain is mentally making you younger... yes! RoRo!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"RoRo? Who comes up with a stupid name like that?" Josuke chuckled.

"4 year old me did. When I was younger my parents brought me here to extend their search for my brother when he went missing, while they were looking they got Rohan to babysit me and we became kind of friends, like not close friends because he was a teenager and I was 4," Yumiko explained, "but close enough that I had a nickname for him; RoRo."

"Oh, sorry," Josuke chuckled.

"It's fine, just let's go in," Yumiko smiled.

—---------------------------

"So how did you two meet?" Rohan asked, shuffling a deck of cards.

"My brother and Josuke play video games together," Yumiko replied.

"How unfortunate, well Yumiko, would you like to join us in a game of poker?" Rohan asked.

"I don't think she knows how to play," Josuke said.

"Ok first of all I would love to play, second I learned a few things from Cerise and her brother Polnareff," Yumiko explained.

Rohan nodded, his eyes almost taunting Josuke as he began to deal the cards and chips.

Yuiko dropped two chips into the middle of the table after everything had been dealt, with Rohan and Josuke following.

The group looked at their cards.

A small smirk appeared on Josuke's face as Rohan's brow slightly furrowed.

Both looked at Yumiko who looked at her cards with a blank face.

"I fold," Rohan admitted, putting his cards down.

"I'll raise you one," Josuke said, placing another chip on the table.

"I'll raise you three," Yumiko said as she added three chips onto the table.

"Four."

"Seven."

"Ten."

"Twelve and that's my final offer," Yumiko said, placing the chips in the middle of the table.

"Well I'd say I've got you beat Yumiko, I've got a flush!" Josuke exclaimed, throwing his cards on the table.

Yumiko smiled.

"Read em' and weep Higashikata, a straight flush!" Yumiko shouted victoriously as she laid the cards on the table.

"How!?" Josuke exclaimed.

"It's called a poker face Josuke," Rohan chuckled, "and she seemed to have mastered it."

"No fair! One more game!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Alright, your funeral," Yumiko smiled.

—---------------------------------------

"You're lucky we weren't betting actual money that time," Yumiko chuckled, patting Josuke on the back.

"Yeah, but now I'm strapped for coupons," Josuke whined.

"Oh yeah, thanks for the buy one get one free on men's deodorant," Yumiko giggled.

"Hey save that one, it might come in handy," Josuke grumbled.

"You can have it back, I doubt I'll be buying men's deodorant anytime soon, but I see you have a coupon for half off on a double scoop of ice cream, so wanna go see if they can make it two single ice cream cones instead?" Yumiko suggested.

"That sounds like a pretty good idea," Josuke smiled.