Haircut

"Good morning Higashikata, what's with the hat?" Yumiko asked, slipped into her seat in the desk beside Josuke's as he kept a beanie pulled tight around his head.

"......mom......hair.....," Josuke mumbled.

"What?"

"My mom made me get a haircut!" Josuke cried.

"Good for her," Yumiko chuckled, opening her binder to get the homework she owed that day.

—------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Josuke, it can't be THAT bad," Yumiko said, tugging at the edge of the beanie.

"I'm not taking the beanie off, without it I feel naked. It's like you and your hair noodle," Josuke mumbled.

Yumiko's face turned to a perplexed expression as she tugged on the large curl in front of her face, letting it spring back into place.

"Well I literally can't do anything about it, it's physically impossible to cut or straighten. Believe me, I tried. It made my 8th grade graduation a disaster," Yumiko sighed, "it doesn't even grow much, like a millimeter a year maybe, but it's hardly noticeable. Back to the original point. Just take off the beanie. I've seen your hair down, it's not bad Josuke."

Josuke sighed, "God, since you're so persistent on seeing my hair, I'll take off the hat. But you have to PROMISE you won't laugh."

"Pinkie promise."

Josuke tugged off the hat, forcing Yumiko to stifle a snort.

"I-it's not that b-bad, you look like your f-father," Yumiko said, suppressing giggles.

"You said you wouldn't laugh!" Josuke exclaimed.

"I made no such promises on the grounds of giggling," Yumiko giggled.

"Woah! Nice hair Josuke!" Okuyasu exclaimed, walking into the empty classroom and setting down his lunch bag.

"It's not nice hair," Josuke said through gritted teeth, "I look like Mr.Joestar."

"You don't even say 'Joseph' or anything?" Yumiko asked.

"Why would I?"

"Because he's your father?"

"No, I TOLERATE him," Josuke sighed, "you two have better relationships with your parents....right?"

"My mom is kind but blunt and monotone and my dad is super sweet, a little too sweet though. It can be a little pressuring," Yumiko explained, her arms crossed over her chest.

"My ma's dead and my dad's a mutant!" Okuyasu announced.

"Ok, Okuyasu has parent issues," Yumiko sighed.

—----------------------------------------------------

"How's Josuke been doing since his hair grew back to it's normal length?" Yukako asked, restocking shelves with beauty products in Aya's salon, now run by Yukako, who had employed Yumiko to work part time.

"God it's so weird. It's like he can't survive without that damn pompadour!"

Yukako giggled, turning to Yumiko.

"You're probably right," Yukako said, hearing the doorbell ring, "looks like we have some customers, can you take over for a bit? I still have more restocking to do."

"Sure, " Yumiko sighed.

"Heya Yukako," Josuke sighed, walking into the salon with Okuyasu following behind.

"sh*t!" Yumiko whispered, ducking behind the counter.

"What?" Yukako whispered back.

"I can't let them see me! I'll never hear the end of it if I do!"

"Why? You're just working."

"They don't know that! they think I'm at home!"

"Who are you talking to Yukako?" Josuke asked.

"Yumiko, she's mad," Yukako answered, pulling Yumiko up from behind the desk.

"O-oh, Yumiko!" Josuke stammered, "I thought you didn't have a job?"

"W-well, I work here, just to have some pocket money," Yumiko replied.

"I-I understand, that's fine. I uh, just came here to get my mom's favorite hair stuff," Josuke muttered.

"I thought you were coming here to get your hair done?" Okuyasu blurted out.

"Shhhh, she can't know I go to a girly salon!" Josuke whispered.

"I don't know why you're so embarrassed, we get male customers all the time," Yumiko explained.

"I'm assuming you want the regular Josuke?" Yukako asked, raising an eyebrow at the two.

"Yeah..."

"Alright, Yumiko, take over the chair, I have restocking to do," Yukako explained.

"What's the regular!?" Yumiko replied frantically.

"Brush, color highlights, wash, and trim," Yukako explained.

"Pff, you get your hair colored?" Yumiko giggled.

"That's not important..." Josuke mumbled.

"Alright, let's go," Yumiko chucked, leading Josuke to one of the chairs.