YoYo's Awkward House Adventures (pt. 1)

"Josuke! Get the door!" Tomoko shouted.

"One second! I'm so close to beating this level!" Josuke shouted back.

"Get the door before I beat you!"

"Alright!" Josuke shouted, pausing his game and walking to the front door, "heyyyyyyyy what happened?" Josuke asked, looking at a disheveled Yumiko.

"I'll say baby fever and that's it," Yumiko said, rubbing her eyes before dragging two duffle bags into the house.

"Gee Yu, I don't know. Don't you think we're a little young?" Josuke asked.

"Not me dumbass, the other Kakyoins," Yumiko groaned, "I just need somewhere else to stay until this thing blows over and your mom said I could stay in the guest room while she went on her work retreat, like a babysitter."

"Mom! I'm 18! I don't need a babysitter!" Josuke shouted into the house.

"I don't trust you to be alone by yourself for a week!" Tomoko shouted back.

"Alright fine... need any help with your bags?" Josuke asked.

"If you could take this one that'd be nice, I'm pretty weak right now," Yumiko yawned, dragging one bag in front of Josuke.

"I'll just take both, I'll show you where the guest room is," Josuke said, taking both bags and leading Yumiko upstairs.

"There's my mom's room," Josuke explained, opening the door to his mother's bedroom.

Inside was a queen sized bed with a suitcase laying open and packed with clothes on top of the plush red duvet.

A dresser was pushed against the wall opposite to the bed and there were two side tables on either side of the bed. Pictures hung on the walls and the room was lit up with the bright morning sunlight flooding the windows.

"Then mine," Josuke said, opening another door.

His room's walls were covered in music posters, mostly Prince album posters.

A double bed sat cozily in the corner of the room beside the window with a silky purple bedspread that lay messily on the sheets.

Beside his nightstand was a cd player and stacks of albums and discs.

A desk was pushed against the end of his bed and a tv and N64 set up with bean bag chairs on the floor, the room itself being quite dark as the curtains were still drawn.

"And finally the main event, the guest room," Josuke sighed, leading Yumiko into the guest room.

It was decorated with a queen bed and a pale yellow duvet.

A dresser was pushed against the wall across the room and a bay window flooded the space with light, giving the room a cheerful feel.

"Thanks Josuke," Yumiko said with a heavy sigh, "I'm going to get some rest, I'll see you when I wake up," she yawned, collapsing on the bed.

A few seconds later, Yumiko's soft snores could be heard, making Josuke chuckle.

He quietly brought her bags into the room, leaving them at the end of the bed and closing the curtains before moving Yumiko under the duvet so she wasn't sprawled out uncomfortably on top of the blankets.

He left the room, quietly shutting the door behind him, and went to find his mother, who was trying to clean the house before she left for her trip, to tell her to stop vacuuming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yumiko rubbed her eyes as she woke up, adjusting to her surroundings.