Party

!!TW!! spiked punch (alcohol, it's a house party for teenagers who just graduated), emotions

"I don't know, I'm not really a party person," Yumiko explained as Cerise looked through the shelves stocked with groceries.

"It could be a chance to get out there hun," Cerise explained, "can you grab that thing on the bottom shelf for me?"

"Sure," Yumiko agreed, crouching down and grabbing a jug of fruit juice, putting it in the cart.

"Thank you, anyways. It could be one last big thing before you leave for Italy. It's only a graduation party, how bad can it be?" Cerise questioned.

"I keep forgetting you went to boarding school," Yumiko sighed.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome home mon amour," Kakyoin greeted, pecking his wife on the lips as she brought some groceries into the kitchen.

"Thank you Nori," Cerise replied, "Yumiko was telling me about this graduation party she got invited to. She doesn't want to go and I was wondering what you thought."

"A grad party? You should definitely go!" Kakyoin exclaimed, turning to his sister, "I still remember me and Jotaro's grad party."

"I bet you dragged him there," Cerise chuckled.

"Well yeah, the punch may have been spiked too..." Kakyoin mumbled.

"Exactly why I don't really want to go. I'm not a drinker," Yumiko explained.

"I'd be concerned if you were," Cerise said, glaring at Yumiko.

"I promise I'm not. Yukako was invited too, but I made the mistake of going to parties with her before, I usually end up alone or with Josuke," Yumiko sighed.

"What's so bad about that?" Cerise asked.

"I don't know, I just don't want a repeat of prom."

"Yeah, me too. Cerise don't force her to go!" Kakyoin exclaimed.

"Nori, she's 18. Let her live her life. Yumiko, just go to the party. If you want to leave I'll be on standby and I'll pick you up," Cerise said.

"Alright, fine."

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yumiko sat at the top of the stairs in a loud house full of people on the first floor, dancing and partying as she tried to distance herself from them all.

Yukako was in her element, dancing and having fun, which left Yumiko alone with a small cup of punch and no idea what to do.

She felt small tears roll down her cheeks, making her sniffle as she wiped them away.

Yumiko really did not like house parties.

For someone who presented herself as rough and coarse, she was really soft and fragile when it came to feeling alone.

She didn't mind when she ended up hanging out with Josuke during social gatherings, because she wasn't alone.

So when she heard that voice.

"Hey, you ok?"

She didn't feel alone anymore.

"Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing here?" she asked, wiping away any tears on her face.

"I have friends outside of our group you know," Josuke chuckled as he sat down beside Yumiko on the top step.

"Same here," Yumiko sighed, "Why are you alone?"

"The girls just throw themselves at me you know?"

"No I don't, I'm unfortunately straight and so are most of the girls in this school," Yumiko mumbled, sipping her punch.

"You know that's spiked right?" Josuke asked, making Yumiko spit out the punch and throw the small plastic cup down the stairs, making the juice seep into the carpet.

"God, I can't do anything here," she sniffed, dropping her head into her knees, which were pulled close to her.

"Well, you can hang out with me," Josuke suggested.

"That's the problem, I don't want to be alone but because of what happened at prom, everything's just been so awkward between us! We both know we have a thing, but we refuse to address it, so everytime I'm alone with you, it's like having my heart torn out of my chest because I'll be in f*cking Italy in a week and we can't do anything about it!" Yumiko sobbed.

"How spiked was that f*cking punch?" Josuke mumbled to himself, not used to Yumiko's feeling sharing.

Josuke hesitantly rested his arm across Yumiko's shoulders, pulling her into an awkward side hug, to which she responded by resting her head on his shoulder. Josuke then rested his head on hers.

The two sat in silence, staring at the large piece of artwork hanging on the wall across from them.

Before Josuke spoke up.

"I'm going to miss you."

"Me too."

And silence enveloped them once more.

Minutes passed of the two looking at the painting.

"That's the ugliest f*cking painting I've ever seen," Josuke said bluntly, making the two burst into laughter.

"It really is," Yumiko sighed, her laughter waning.

"It's not just you I'm going to miss. It's also going to be times like this where we're buzzed at a house party and laughing at a painting," Josuke chuckled, "so what do you say to one last movie and sleepover night? We can leave Yukako here, I'll get Koichi to pick her up, and we can go back to my house and just have a moment of peace before you leave."

"I think that's a great Idea Higashikata," Yumiko smiled.

So there they were, Yumiko dressed in the pajamas Josuke had lent her the first time they hung out as a group, sitting on the couch, sharing a blanket and bowl of popcorn, binging their favorite movies, one last time for the next 5 years.

After the movies had ended, Yumiko suggested they sleep in Josuke's room to cuddle, as friends.

"Night Josuke," Yumiko whispered, pulling him closer as he was, in fact, a human space heater.

"Night Yu," Josuke replied, burying his face in her hair, which smelled like cherry blossoms.

And the two drifted to sleep in each other's arms.