Purple rain can turn to tears

"So...." Cerise began as she mixed the batter for pancakes.

"I heard that prom season is coming around."

"Oh, yeah I don't plan on really going," Yumiko replied, chewing on some strawberries.

"Why not? I never got a prom because my boarding school never allowed it, so why don't you take the chance?"

"Because it would just be awkward."

"Please? We can go dress shopping today since it's the weekend and I don't take weekend shifts at the salon, we can bring your friend Yukako!"

"Did she persuade you to do this?"

"Yeah... she's a good friend though. She wants to make you happy," Cerise said.

"She just wants me to date Josuke."

"I also want you to date Josuke."

"Alright fine, but only because I love you."

------------------------------

Yumiko sat unimpressed, pouting as she watched Cerise and Yukako comb through thousands of dresses.

"I'm thinking green would look good on her because of Nori," Cerise said, looking through some green dresses.

"And I was thinking of navy for myself, I like darker colors," Yukako replied.

"Oh yes, you would look gorgeous!"

Yumiko rolled her eyes, leaning back in some chairs as Yukako began squealing.

"I think I found mine!" Yukako squealed as she grabbed a long navy almost black dress with a long slit in the front off to the side and spaghetti straps.

"Go try it on! And Yumiko, I think I found the most perfect dress for you!" Cerise said, taking a long green dress with ties as the sleeves from the rack before shoving Yumiko into the dressing room beside Yukako's.

Soon one woman emerged.

"Yukako, you look amazing!" Yumiko heard Cerise exclaim from outside her dressing room.

Yumiko sat on the floor of her dressing room, in the dress.

There was no point in going to prom.

Josuke had already found someone.

*flashback*

"Yumiko! You'll never believe what just happened!" Josuke shouted excitedly as he ran towards her on the way back home from school.

"Did you get a lead on the case?" Yumiko questioned, giggling as he tried to catch his breath.

"No, Misaki Izumi asked me to prom! I've had a bit of a crush on her for a while..." Josuke admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"O-oh! Congratulations Josuke," Yumiko said quietly, clutching her school bag handle tighter.

"Are you ok?" Josuke asked.

"I-I'm fine, I just remembered that my brother asked me for some help with something so I can't stop by your house after school today."

"Well, will you be able to come over tomorrow?"

"I probably won't be free for the rest of the week..."

"Oh, ok well maybe I'll see you at school then?"

"I just need a bit Josuke, I-I've got a ton of school work to catch up on, so I just need to be left alone for a bit," Yumiko said before quickly turning on her heels and running away.