Lucky

"Oi Josuke calm down!" Okuyasu said, leaning back against a park bench as Josuke crouched near a fountain where a small turtle sat, basking in the sun.

"But what if it bites me?" Josuke asked, chewing on his nails nervously.

"It won't bite you! It doesn't have teeth, and you know what else doesn't have teeth? Babies, and babies don't bite, so who says a turtle will?" Okuyasu said, looking over at Josuke, "Oi! Yu!"

"Hey Jobros," Yumiko replied as she approached the two, "what are you two doing...?"

"Josuke here's trying to face his fear of turtles by moving that one back into the water," Okuyasu explained, "and I'm trying to BE like the turtle and take in the sun."

"Sounds relaxing," Yumiko chuckled, moving her attention to Josuke and crouching beside him, "so what's your plan?"

"Hope it moves on it's own..?" Josuke smiled meekly.

"Ok, get up," Yumiko said, standing up with Josuke following close behind.

Yumiko sighed as she carefully picked up the turtle by the edges of its shell, though it was small.

"Hold out your hands," Yumiko said.

Josuke hesitantly obeyed and Yumiko placed the turtle in his hands.

"Oh, this isn't that YUMIKO IT'S POOPING ON ME!" Josuke shouted, almost dropping the turtle if Yumiko hadn't grabbed it beforehand while Okuyasu laughed heartily at his friends.

"Josuke, calm down," Yumiko giggled, letting the turtle go in the fountain, "it's a turtle, they're an animal, they don't know that we find it gross."

"Thank god I didn't wear my jacket today, that's disgusting," Josuke gagged, trying to wash his hands off in the fountain.

"It's not that bad, though we should wash our hands because it's a turtle," Yumiko said, examining her hands.

"Tonio's is just down the road if you two don't mind having turtle sh*t on your hands until we get there," Okuyasu chortled.

"What would we do without your kind soul Oku," Yumiko said with a forced smile.

—---------------------------------------------------

"Hey Tonio, could we use your sink? We touched a turtle in the park and it pooped on Josuke's hand," Yumiko explained.

"Of course bella!" Tonio exclaimed, "and I have some new cake recipes I wanted to test if you would like some free samples?"

"That'd be great Tonio," Yumiko smiled.once the group had washed their hands, they were seated at a table.

"Alright, we have a chocolate cherry chip for Signorina Kakyoin, double fudge for Signore Nijimura, and salted caramel for Signore Higashikata," Tonio said as he placed each slice of cake in front of each teen.

"Tonio, these aren't samples, they're cake slices," Yumiko explained, "they also don't seem to fit in with your other foods."

"I'm trying to expand my palate Signorina, as for the samples, this is what I call a sample for friends," Tonio explained.

"Thank you so much Tonio," Yumiko smiled.

"It's my pleasure. And please say hi to my dear Cerise for me," Tonio smiled before walking off to the kitchen.

"He knows Cerise?" Josuke asked as Okuyasu began stuffing his face with cake.

"Yeah, Tonio is a close family friend. He actually catered Noriaki and Cerise's wedding," Yumiko explained, eating the cake, "oh wow, he's outdone himself!"

"You're right!" Josuke exclaimed, taking a bite of his cake, "this is amazing!"

"We're lucky, I don't think Tonio is usually one to do this," Okuyasu mumbled.

Soon the group left the restaurant.

"Hey, what's that on the ground?" Josuke asked.

"It's a lottery ticket!" Yumiko exclaimed, grabbing the piece of paper.

"Unscratched?" Okuyasu asked.

"Yes!" Yumiko exclaimed, jumping excitedly.

"We should scratch the ticket! We're old enough to get tickets now anyways!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Alright, someone give me a coin," Yumiko said, holding out her hand as Okuyasu placed a coin in her hand, letting her scratch the ticket.

"1.....1.....1! We won!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"We won a 1 yen coin?" Josuke asked.

"No, we won 1 million yen!" Yumiko squealed.

"No way!" Josuke shouted.

"How are we going to split it?" Okuyasu asked.

"Well, there's three of us and 1 million... I'd say 333 000 each is fair," Yumiko replied.

"Wow, we're really lucky today!" Okuyasu exclaimed.

—-----------------------------------------

"Hey Josuke, they're selling signed Prince CDs," Yumiko said, pointing into a shop window, "for half off too, wow."

"They're what!?" Josuke exclaimed, pressing his face against the window, "those things usually sell for more than my whole allowance!"

"You should get one," Yumiko suggested.

"I think I will!" Josuke said proudly, running into the store with Yumiko and Okuyasu close behind.

"Are you going to get anything Okuyasu?" Yumiko asked, looking through the store's stock.

"Nah, I'm going to add more to my savings, I have to take care of me an' dad since he can't work anyways," Okuyasu replied.

"They have an italian cookbook, I can get it for you if you want?" Yumiko suggested.

"It's alright Yumiko, I'll just ask Tonio for recipes," Okuyasu replied, with a sad look in his eyes.

"Alright," Yumiko mumbled.

Once Yumiko and Josuke paid for their items, the group started on their way home.

"It's so shiny!" Josuke shouted, looking at the signed CD by his favorite artist in the setting sunlight.

"Okuyasu, I feel like you should know that Tonio doesn't share written recipes. You also looked like you really wanted that cookbook, so here you go," Yumiko said, throwing the cookbook into Okuyasu's arms.

"Y-Yumiko, you didn't need to!" Okuyasu exclaimed.

"Oh look at that, it's my house! Let me know when you make one of those recipes! I want to be the first to try it!" Yumiko exclaimed, walking into the Kakyoin home.

"O-Ok!" Okuyasu shouted as Yumiko shut the front door.

He looked at the book smiling.

"Thanks Yu."