Late Valentine's Day special

"You're gloomy today," Josuke chuckled as Yumiko dropped her binder on her desk before plopping down onto her seat.

"Valentine's day is sh*t and I hate it," Yumiko groaned.

"Why?" Josuke asked, genuine concern in his voice.

"It's not that I'm lonely, though that is a factor, it's just that I get harassed all day with Valentine's cards and gifts. It's not my favorite day."

"I get that. I dread going to my locker after school because there's so many love letters!" Josuke sighed, "at least there's someone who gets what I go through now."

"Yeah, I guess we're Valentine's buddies," Yumiko chuckled.

"I guess we are."

—---------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, worst part of the day," Josuke sighed as he and Yumiko stood in front of his locker.

"Just open it already Josuke," Yumiko said, slapping his back.

"Ok! Ok! I got it," Josuke groaned, unlocking the locker and opening the door, envelopes flooding onto the floor.

"How many girls are in this school?" Yumiko questioned, helping Josuke pick up the envelopes.

"I don't know, but I have to read them and it's just embarrassing sometimes, some parts of what they write make me uncomfortable...."

"Oh god, I'll read them with you if that would be better?" Yumiko suggested.

"That would be better," Josuke chuckled.

"Ok, let's go to your house then. I do have a small gift for you but that's all, nothing bad," Yumiko explained.

"Oh, I have one for you too," Josuke smiled warmly as the two put all the envelopes in his backpack.

—------------------------------------------------------

"This girl really likes you," Yumiko chuckled, "she says she thinks about what you'd look like with your hair down."

"Oh god, yeah that's the kind of stuff that makes me uncomfortable," Josuke shivered.

"Well luckily that's the last one, except for my gift," Yumiko said, digging through her backpack grabbing a small box, "here you go, I bought it a while back because I thought you'd like it."

Josuke took the box from Yumiko and opened it.

Inside was a small gold pin resembling Prince's symbol.

"This is awesome! Thank you Yumiko!" Josuke exclaimed, taking the pin out of the box and attaching it to his jacket.

"No problem Josuke," Yumiko smiled.

"I feel bad about my gift now," Josuke chuckled bashfully.

"It's fine, I'm not a materialistic person," Yumiko replied.

"Ok, stay here."

Josuke left the room, leaving Yumiko alone.

As he did, she sifted through the letters.

Though there weren't too many, she felt as if there were thousands.

"Hey, I'm back," Josuke announced, "happy Valentine's day!"

Josuke handed Yumiko a small bouquet of orchids with sprigs of baby's breath and a little bag.

"Josuke, they're beautiful!" Yumiko smiled, "did you talk to Cerise?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"Because orchids and baby's breath are my favorite flowers and I've never told anyone but my brother and Cerise, you also got me a pocket watch on a necklace chain, which is something I told Cerise I wanted to get," Yumiko giggled, "it's ok if you did, I think it's sweet."

"Y-yeah.... I did ask her," Josuke chuckled bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thank you Josuke," Yumiko smiled, "Happy Valentine's day."

"Happy Valentine's day Yu."

(here's what the Symbol looks like.)

(fun fact: this was Prince's name for a while

(fun fact: this was Prince's name for a while. this symbol. it was his name.)

(also here's what orchids and baby's breath would look like together)

(I think it's pretty and Yumiko seems like an Orchid kind of gal)