Prince music and The Higashikata scandal (part 1)

well, today we dive into my personal Higashikata lore surrounding Josuke and Yukako. there's talk of adoption and hearing impairment, which doesn't need a warning, I just wanted to bring it up and to bring up the fact that I know nothing about either topic or sign language. I want to learn sign language, but for now it's brought up as/ reffered to as "gestures" and "signing", but the descriptions will get better as I learn more about sign language <3

"Is Yumiko here today?" Josuke asked, sitting on the window sill of the classroom as the group ate their lunch.

"Yeah, she was in my morning class. But she rushed away when the bell rang so I didn't get a chance to talk to her, and she always waits!" Yukako exclaimed.

"She's also never in a rush, should we try and find her?" Okuyasu suggested.

"I'm finished with my lunch, I'll go find her," Josuke said, tossing his garbage in the garbage can before leaving the classroom.

—-------------------------------------------

"Where is she?" Josuke questioned, looking around the school.

"I ain't got no money!" Josuke heard as he walked past the gym.

"I ain't like those other guys you hang around!" Josuke sang along.

"It's kinda funny! But they always seem to let you down!" the other voice sang, making Josuke look around the door.

"And I get discouraged!" Yumiko sang, dancing around the gym with a broom in her hands and headphones over her ears as she swept, " 'Cause I never see you anymore!"

"And I need your love, babe, well that's all I'm living for, yeah! I didn't want to pressure you, baby, but all I ever wanted to dooo! I wanna be your lover!" Yumiko sang, not noticing Josuke as he leaned on the door frame, chuckling at the girl who swore she would never listen to Prince music.

He watched with a small smile as Yumiko continued dancing and singing until the song had finished.

"Your voice isn't half bad!" Josuke exclaimed, making Yumiko drop the broom in surprise.

"Josuke! The hell!?" Yumiko exclaimed.

"We were looking for you!" Josuke replied.

"Did I not tell you guys I had to clean the gym today?" Yumiko asked.

"No!"

"Oh, well that's why I didn't go to lunch today. I was asked to clean up after the assembly," Yumiko explained.

"It would have been so much easier if you had just told Yukako," Josuke sighed.

"Well I'm done now," Yumiko grumbled, punching Josuke's arm.

—------------------------------------------

"You don't have to be rich, to be my girl," Josuke sang on his way home from school, shuffling along with the music, "you don't have to be cool, to rule my world, Ain't no particular sign, I'm compatible with. I just want your extra time and your.....Kiss!"

Josuke danced along the sidewalk to the riff of music flowing through his head phones.

"You don't have to be beautiful, to turn me-"

"Josuke!" Yumiko exclaimed, running up to her friend.

"Oh! Hey Yumiko!" Josuke exclaimed with his face slightly pink, pausing his music.

"Hey! Were you listening to Prince again?" Yumiko smiled.

"How did you know?" Josuke jokingly chuckled.