YoYo's Awkward House Adventures (pt.2)

"Josuke, I need help carrying in the groceries," Yumiko said, looking into the living room at Josuke, who was laser focused on the video game in front of him, and he replied with an acknowledging grunt.

"Josuke, I need help."

"..."

"Josuke."

"..."

"Fire."

"I'll take care of it later," Josuke mumbled, mashing buttons on his controllers.

Yumiko mumbled, cursing under her breath in Portuguese as she lugged the groceries into the kitchen.

"He's insufferable," Yumiko hissed, unpacking the groceries with audible bangs.

"You okay in there?" Josuke asked, clearly uninterested.

"Just peachy," Yumiko seethed, unconsciously crushing a tomato gripped in her hand, its guts spilling from her palm onto the countertop.

—---------------------------------------------------

Yumiko lay on her back atop the bed in the guest room, a book lay in her hands above her as she read through the page.

Her red curls spilled off the edge of the bed as she did so, only to be interrupted by the frustrated shouts coming from Josuke's room.

Yumiko sighed, creasing the corner of the page inward before slamming her book shut and tossing it to the side, slipping off the bed and stomping into Josuke's room where he was busy failing horribly at Super Mario bros.

"Josuke! Can't you just focus on something else other than losing over and over again!?" Yumiko shouted.

"Can't, need to win this level," Josuke grunted, his hands gripping the controller.

"Give me that," Yumiko hissed, grabbing the controller from Josuke and sitting on the edge of her bed, pressing a few quick buttons until she eventually passed the level.

"There, now go do something productive for once!" Yumiko seethed, storming back to the guest room to continue her reading, leaving a stunned Josuke in her wake.