Fangirls

Yumiko and Josuke were walking to his house after school, the crisp autumn air tinging their ears with a bright red.

Yumiko attempted to keep her hands warm, rubbing them together and blowing on them.

Leaves crunched under the weight of their feet, but something seemed....off.

Every once in a while, an extra few footsteps were heard amidst Josuke and Yumiko's own, making the two pause, looking behind them.

"Josuke, this is your fault," Yumiko said, staring daggers at the gaggle of girls following them.

"It's not like I invited them!" Josuke exclaimed.

"Alright, ladies go home," Yumiko mumbled, turning again and walking off, Josuke stumbling behind her.

But the girls were persistent.

"It's so f*ckin' cold," Yumiko shivered.

"It's not that cold," Josuke chuckled.

"Asshole, I grew up in Brazil, it's hot as hell," Yumiko hissed, rubbing her hands together.

"Here," Josuke said, holding out one of his hands, his left glove bunched up in his palm.

"Thanks, but what am I supposed to do with my other hand?" Yumiko asked.

"Let me hold it?" Josuke asked, teasingly.

Yumiko's face blushed a bright red as she put on the glove and hesitantly grabbed his hand, which he then put in his jacket pocket, forcing the two closer together.

"Josuke! My hands are cold too!" one girl exclaimed, running up to him.

"Sorry, my other pocket is filled with old tissues, I don't think you'd like that," Josuke said, chuckling at the girl's changed demeanor as she scurried away.

Something clicked in Yumiko's head, realizing what Josuke was trying to do. Force the fangirls to think they were together to make them leave.

So she played along, resting her head on Josuke's shoulder as they continued to walk.

But the girls pursued.

"God, what fantasy do they want to indulge in?" Yumiko muttered.

"I don't know," Josuke mumbled in reply.

'I have an idea," Yumiko sighed, "but you don't say sh*t about this to anyone."

Yumiko threw her arms around Josuke's shoulders, standing on her tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips as his hands lingered on her waist.

"Dammit! Come on girls," one girl shouted, dragging the others with her as she left.

"That actually worked!?" Yumiko exclaimed.

"I guess it did?" Josuke chuckled, grabbing Yumiko's hand again as they began to walk once more.

Yumiko using her free hand to cover her blushing ears with her hair.