new girl pt. 2

"So what do you guys usually talk about during lunch?" Hiroko asked.

"Well usually-" Josuke began.

"We talk about school projects!" Yumiko interrupted.

"Oh, really? I thought from the looks of you guys you would be trying to solve a murder!" Hiroko giggled.

Yumiko raised her eyebrow.

"Why is that your first guess? Usually people think we're smoking during lunch hours..." Yumiko questioned.

"Well, I heard about the murder case and you seemed like the kind of kids to take over a murder case," Hiroko said.

"And why?"

"Because, Josuke and Okuyasu are the token scaredy cats, Yukako is the pretty girl, Koichi is the leader, and you're the nerd," Hiroko replied.

"Okay! Let's just calm down for a second and rephrase some stuff," Josuke said as he noticed Yumiko's angry expression.

"We aren't the scooby-doo gang. We're Morioh students who just want to help! So stop trying to twist things but if we're going to do this then you're the intruder who ends up being the culprit," Yumiko said, "I noticed your smoke smell in the first couple seconds I met you, and the hair at the scene smelled like smoke. I guessed it was the murderer's smoking, but we found out he doesn't smoke. So I think you have a stand that controls others with smoke."

"What are you talking about?" Hiroko asked.

"Yeah Yumiko, she's completely normal," Josuke said, "I think you just don't like having her around because you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous! It's a solid theory!" Yumiko exclaimed.

"Are you sure Yumiko?" asked Yukako.

"You were on my side just a minute ago!"

"I think you just need a minute to get your thoughts together," Josuke suggested.

"Fine. but don't expect me here for lunch tomorrow..." Yumiko said, rushing out of the room.

"That was a little harsh you guys, don't you think?" Okuyasu said.

"You don't know that! Let's just finish lunch..." Josuke replied.

-------------------------

"They don't believe me!" Yumiko sobbed as her head hit the dining room table.

"You know, I went through this exact same thing, but I can't say what it is...." Kakyoin began.

"I hate those confidentiality rules you guys are under. It would make things so much easier!" Cerise exclaimed, setting down three cups of tea on the table, "but I also know how you feel."

"Really?"

"Yup! On our wedding day, we got attacked. I tried to tell everyone that there was someone in the building but they just brushed it off as pre-marital jitters. The only one who believed me was Nori," Cerise said.

"The point is that there will always be someone to believe you. And eventually the others might come around. For me it was eventually Polnareff, though he doesn't remember a thing...." Kakyoin sighed.

"Someone is bound to believe you. Someone who knows you well enough to know that you aren't just jealous," Cerise said.

Then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it, but it better be someone coming to apologize to me," Yumiko groaned.

She walked down the hall and opened the door that was covered with impatient knocking.