Chap 67[The book]

Your POV

I smiled at Inosuke and chuckled.

I stood up, "Well, uh, I think I should head back to my room now. I think I'm going to train, I'll talk to you all later." I said with a small smile, I turned and wanted to walk but I felt someone grab my hand.

I turned around and met eyes with Tanjiro's, "What is it?" I asked him.

"Can we talk privately?" He asked, I thought for a bit and nodded. We walk out of the room and went to a secluded area.

"So? What do you want to talk about?" I questioned.

"Look, I wanted to apologise first thing because I ignored you, I was just mad that you decided to tell Takashi that you were a demon... We've been friends for over 2 years and I just thought why wouldn't you tell me something this serious to me?" He explained while having a pained expression on his face.

My eyes softened at his words, I sighed, "Tanji, I told you already, if I did, that- Micheal Jackson looking demon would come and kill you. I was doing this for your own safety," I replied, "but... now the secret's out. That's why I need to use this ability to make myself stronger." I said looking down.

"I know, but remember the promise we made? No matter what happens we'll get through it together, even if we were dying." He replied with a frown.

I didn't know what to say, "I- I'm sorry I broke the promise..." I apologised still looking down, "it wasn't my intention to hurt you or to break the promise."

Tanjiro stared at me, "Its okay, I think I'm just over reacting, I shouldn't press you anymore..." he said softly, "You already going through a lot, you deserve a break." He said with a genuine smile.

I shrugged, "but I need to settle a lot of things first, especially training." I said returning the smile.

He looked at me worriedly, he gave me a comforting bear hug, "Don't over do it okay? I still need and want you to be safe, I'll do my best to support you." He said as I felt him smile.

I smiled warmly at his words and I felt redness in my cheeks, I chuckled softly and nodded.

-In the training room-

Your POV

I held the book in my arms and sat down on the clean wooden floor, I opened the book and a letter fell out of it.

I picked up the letter and blew the dust off it.

I opened it and it read:

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear y/n,
If you're reading this, then it means I have already passed. I wrote this letter to try and guide your through the book. You see, being a shadow breather focus on mainly illusions, speed, close hand or long range combat(depends on which suits you better), martial arts and sword fighting skills.
In this book, the martial arts in this is called
Jī Quán(八極拳). From the name I assume you can tell
that it is from the Chinese culture. This
kind of martial art features explosive, short-range power and consits of  powerful elbow and shoulder strikes.

The book will show you all the patterns and learning techniques you need to know and how you can get used to it.

That is all I have to explain for now in this letter, if was alive I would have explained it to you in person, but for now we just have to work with it. If you have any questions please go ask Oyakata sama. Love you :)