blind date after heartbreak. (chaesoo)

Chaeyoung knew what Jisoo would tell her when she got home. She knew that she wouldn't like hearing the truth after figuring out what was going to happen. She didn't like it. She didn't want to accept that truth no matter how much the good side of her told her to deal with it. Not every relationship was a smooth pathway, so why couldn't she just muster up the truth and agree to it? She groaned as she closed her eyes tightly not wanting to think about this anymore.

Once she heard Jisoo walk in later that day, Chaeyoung doesn't dare look at her. The woman who didn't tell her about the move. A move that would split them apart for far too long. She couldn't even lay her eyes on her. She was that upset not even after a while of trying to rationalize everything made her feel any better. She was just upset with the face that Jisoo hadn't told her anything. 

Jisoo immediately figured out the reason for Chaeyoung being silent and let out a long sigh. She sat down next to Chaeyoung and reached her hand out to touch her shoulder, but Chaeyoung shrugged it off as she stood up. She even looked away from Jisoo to shake her head at her. Something that made Jisoo feel worse than before. Chaeyoung even kept the built up tears hidden deep inside of her. She didn't want Jisoo to see her cry.

"Baby, please let me explain, I was-"

"You were what?" Chaeyoung suddenly snaps at her. "You were going to tell me that we would be away from each other a day before leaving? How selfish are you Jisoo? You should have told me about this, the day you got this opportunity," Chaeyoung breathes out and crosses her arms against her chest. "I can't believe this. I can't believe you would do this to us, to me," she continues even if she felt her voice begin to break on her.

Jisoo clenches her jaw and stands up next to Chaeyoung, clearly not liking the way Chaeyoung was making this about her. "I'm not being selfish, Chaeyoung. This is my future. I figured you would be happy for me since I would make more money and we could live out that dream we always wanted, to travel to a new country. To experience life," Jisoo scoffed out as she rolled her eyes, noticing Chaeyoung's still serious expression. "You're the one I can't believe right now. What did you do to my girlfriend Chaeyoung huh?"

That was enough for Chaeyoung to clench her jaw and stand her ground, "Get out." Her voice seethed against the walls through Jisoo's ears. Jisoo let out a chuckle as she tried to interrupt her but Chaeyoung shook her head looking down to their feet. "Get the fuck out of my house because I can't do this," she continued and Jisoo couldn't help but let out a quiet plead as Chaeyoung walked to her door opening it for her. "I need you, no, I needed you by my side. But if you find this to be more important, then so be it. Goodbye, Jisoo."

Years had passed since that night, a night Jisoo loved to replay over and over again. And yet Jisoo found herself sitting in a new home with a friend of hers that she made in New Zealand; Jennie Kim. They hit it off immediately and became really close. Jisoo trusted her with her life, but still she felt a piece of her still missing. A piece of her that stayed put in Chaeyoung's home when they broke up that one fateful night.

Jennie even noticed this quite often and decided to finally fix the issue. She set up a blind date for Jisoo after settling into the brand new apartment, a date Jisoo was not going to have a say in. Jisoo slouched into the couch and frowned when she saw her friend pulling out a beer bottle from the refrigerator. Something Jennie hardly did, and that brought a suspicious feeling to Jisoo. She sighed nonetheless as she watched Jennie walk up to her with a determined look on her face.

"I set up a date for you, and there's no getting out of this one, Kim." She even went as far as to grab Jisoo's hand, quickly pulling her out of the couch's grasp. Jisoo could have sworn she heard the couch let out a sad cry as she was now standing in front of her best friend trying to piece together what she had just said. A blind date? She questioned herself as she shook her head, not wanting to do this at all.