CHAPTER 1

I woke up really early and had this awful feeling. And then it all hit me. Today was supposed to be my wedding day! But Chris decided his job was more important and he left me. So now I'm in NY and starting a new job at Jones & Hamilton in just a few hours.

I looked at the clock and realized I still had a while until I have to leave so I decided to go run in central park. If I'm living in NY I might as well enjoy it, right? I put my earphones in and left my apartment jogging.

While running I couldn't stop thinking about Chris and all the what ifs. I tried telling myself to stop thinking about him. It's over. I have to get over him. I was so concentrated on it I didn't notice the time and before I knew I realized I'm going to be late on my first day. Great!! I ran home and got ready really fast.

I arrived at Jones & Hamilton at 8:10. Only 10 minutes late. I guess it could've been worse. I went in and couldn't believe the place. So big and amazing! I just wished I could be a lawyer in a place like this. I went to meet my bosses - Sarah Jones who was actually much nicer than I expected, and Logan Hamilton who really scared me.

They gave me my first assignments and told me where my desk was. I sat down at my new desk not knowing what else to do with myself. I looked down at all the folders they gave me and started going through them.

"First day here?" I heard a voice "yes.. I'm Jennifer" I turned around to see who it was. In front of me stood a 5.6' brunette, she seemed like the really hyper kind, working with her will be interesting.

"Hey Jen! I'm Jessica. So how's your first day going?" I really didn't know how to answer that, I mean I've been here for an hour at least but still.. "Fine I guess.." "Well if you need anything let me know! I'm at this desk" she said while pointing at the desk behind mine.

"Thanks!" I said and returned to my work. All I felt like doing is be at home with ice cream and crying in front of the TV. How the hell did I get here? But I guess nothing I can do now expect for doing my job.

Finally the day was over and I could go home. I was in such a hurry to go home and cry myself to sleep that I didn't realize I went on the wrong subway line until I was already an hour away from home. Such a great day. Being late for work, getting an impossible amount of work and getting lost on the way home. This was supposed to be the best day of my life!

I was supposed to marry Chris now. Instead here I was, lost in NY. I finally found the direction I need to go to finally get home when someone bumped into me and all the files I was holding scattered all over the sidewalk. "Watch where you're going!!" I yelled at the person who bumped into me while bending down to start picking up all my files.

"Just what I needed to make this day better" I muttered to myself. "I'm really sorry"!" said the person. "Just watch where you're going next time" I said again angrily as I looked up. And then I wanted to burry myself. The person in front of me was no other than Aaron Tveit. Pretty sure my heart stopped beating for a second there.

Let me know what you think :)