CHAPTER 36

Hope you like this chapter!!

==================

[Aaron's POV]

The break finished and we went back to rehearsals with that annoying feeling of awkwardness, I knew I had to do something about it since it didn't effect only me, but everyone else in this production. I wasn't sure how to do this, I didn't want to hurt Robin again by bringing it up, but it had to be done.

"Aaron, can you come for a second?" Robin asked as we finished today's rehearsal. I walked over to where she stood on the side, probably not wanting everyone to notice just like I did. "Hey Robin" I said, talking directly to her for the first time that day. "Do you think we could go somewhere and talk this out privately?" she asked, and I felt relieved that she's the one who brought it up.

"Yeah, I think that's a great idea. There's a coffee shop not far from here that we can sit in, does that sound good?" I asked, just hoping to get away from everyone's stares. By now almost everyone knows about our past. "Ok, I'll just get changed and we can go", she said and I went to get my things.

A few minutes later we were walking to the coffee shop in an awkward silence. We ordered our drinks, and only when we sat down did we start talking. Well, Robin started, I was still too nervous. "Listen Aaron, I really don't want this awkwardness between us" she said and I nodded.

"I understand, I don't want this either, but I'm just not sure how we get past this. I'm really sorry for the way I dumped you, I never wanted to hurt you, you know that right?" I spoke honestly. "I know" she said in a low voice, as if she's not sure about it. "But you made it, you're a big star now so it's not like it was for nothing" she said but it still didn't feel right.

"I really am sorry for choosing it over you. But you know how important my job is to me" I said and she just nodded and once again we sat in awkward silence.

We were still sitting trying to figure out what to say to make things better when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Jen. "Hey Jen" I said a smile immediately coming to my face. "Hey, umm, are we still going to that movie tonight? You told me you'll pick me up half an hour ago but you're not here" she said and the smile left my face in an instant.

"I'm so sorry Jenny! I completely forgot! I'm in the middle of something now but I'll come over when I finish and we can watch a movie at your place, ok? I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise!" I said and felt so bad. I forgot I had plans with my girlfriend, and here I was sitting with my ex. "its fine Aaron, don't worry about it" she said. "I'll talk to you later ok? Bye" "bye" she said and hung up.

"So.. You've got a girlfriend?" Robin asked once I hung up. "Um yeah" I said not feeling too comfortable about were the conversation was heading. "Good for you. I'm happy seeing you found someone who you love more than your work. She must be very special". I could tell she was being honest and it threw me off track.

She really didn't mind that I'm with someone while working after I dumped her because I couldn't do both? And what the hell is she saying about love? I really like Jenny, I really do, but love? No. I don't love Jenny. And definitely not more than I love my job, my job is more important than anything!

"Listen, I'm glad you moved on, and I have too. I'm engaged now, and I don't want the two of us being awkward. I just wanted to talk so that we clear it up and there won't be any hard feelings, ok?" I was so confused by this point. "Congrats, I hope he treats you well. You deserve the best" I told her honestly.

"Thanks. Go be with Jen. I'll see you tomorrow in rehearsal, goodnight" Robin said and left me at the table thinking about all that has happened now. I took my leftover coffee and my bag and took out my phone.

Jen, I had a really long and exhausting day and I really need to rest. I'm sorry for standing you up tonight, I'll call you tomorrow. Goodnight!

I decided to text Jen to let her know I won't be coming over. I had to think of what Robin said, I couldn't go to Jen now. I got home and thought about everything. Starting with what Charlie told me about how I used to be and how much I changed, and how Robin though I loved Jen.

I knew that being with Jen made me lose focus at work, but I liked being with her. But was I really not giving my best because of her? I can't let that happen. I need to commit myself to the production and if Jen really does make me give less of myself for the production maybe I shouldn't be with her now. Robin was wrong. There's no way I love anything more than my job. There's nothing better than being on stage and knowing I gave 100%.