CHAPTER 8

Finally I was left alone and I could concentrate on my work. It was a really long day but I got through it. I finally got home but it felt so empty there. I continued emptying the boxes as I didn’t finish the day before and eventually I went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for my run. I was in a good mood when I left the house even though there wasn’t any good explanation for that. I started running on the same route I did the day before with Aaron when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around and saw Aaron running towards me "Aaron! What are you doing here?" I asked surprised. "Well I run every morning and you said you do too so I figured, why don’t we run together? Running is a great time to just be alone with your thoughts but at some point it gets boring, and company is always a great thing. Don’t you agree?" he asked with a huge smile on his face. "Umm I guess you’re right. Though I do really like just being alone with my thoughts, no offense" "oh ok.. So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then. Enjoy the run" he said and started running faster and getting away from me.

"Wait no Aaron! That’s not what I meant! I mean, I like running alone but it doesn’t mean I don’t think it will be fun running with you!" I said as I got closer to him. "Oh.. So, you want to run together or alone? Don’t do this if you feel guilty" he said. "How about running together every day but having one day a week of running alone?" I asked. I need the time alone but I don’t need it that often. And I have a chance to be with Aaron! How could I refuse that? "It sounds great!" he says with a big smile on his face.

"So how was your day yesterday?" he asked "well ok I guess. Work is work.." what can I already say? That being a paralegal sucked? That I want to be a lawyer but that’ll never happen? No way I tell him that. "That’s good. But I meant after.. Are you ok with what you told me?" he asked sounding worried. That is so sweet of him! "Yeah I guess.. I’m trying not to think about it too much. Thanks" "well if you need to talk about it just give me a call! Keeping stuff inside isn’t good" "thanks! So.. What’s your new musical about? You got a chance to go over the script?" I was dying to know what he was going to work on! Also I’ve had enough of talking about myself.

"Yeah. It’s about a girl that her parents and 2 of her younger sisters get murdered in a terrorist attack and she and her older brother need to raise their 3 younger brother and sisters. She has to deal with the loss and be strong for he siblings. She gets help from all kinds of people including her brothers’ best friend, which is who I play, and they fall in love. Because how can she not fall in love with me?" he said jokingly. 

That sounded like such a sad story! But interesting at the same time "wow it sounds-" "sad? I know. I cried reading the script. But it has a happy ending. By the end everyone will be happy" he said smiling. "I hope so. When is it supposed to open?" "We start rehearsals in a few days and open 2 and a half month after that. So I'll be very busy starting next week.. But don’t worry! I’m not giving up on our morning run! Before each show I need to get into shape. Running on stage and singing isn’t as easy as it looks" he said and smiled at me.