Burning Anger

There is a new character Delilah Beau, this is one of the few characters that I own in the story.

-------------------------------------------

It had been two days since the odd encounter with the one and only Mattheo Riddle. While the other three were still uncomfortable around him, and the rest of the school believed him to be Greg Tucker; He and I were getting closer. We had a few classes together, and we talked quiet a bit when we were sitting together. I would often see some Ravenclaw girls gawking at him while at lunch.

Right now it was Defence Against the Dark Arts with the new teacher Professor Moody. Draco despised him, but its probably because he knows he's a retired Auror. I quite like him; apart from his mangled face, electric blue eye, rather rude demeanor, and the fact he was teaching us the Unforgivable Curses - he was quite tolerable. Professor Moody is nowhere near as good as Professor Lupin though. Shame he was outed as a werewolf...I never minded it, he was a good person and an even better teacher.

Time skip-

Our trio was sitting in the Slytherin common room, silently enjoying each others' company. I was reading a book about two wizards who had fallen in love. Blaise was finishing a 3 feet-long Potions essay, he desperately tried to make his handwriting bigger as he scrawled on the parchment. Pansy was practicing Charms while muttering angrily to herself as she pushed the green pillow away from her, rather than to herself. Draco was absent-mindedly examining an orb he was holding, though his thoughts seemed to be in a different realm. But before I could question him, Mattheo had joined us. 'Hey, Y/N. What are you reading?' he asked, putting his satchel down on the floor next to him. He snatched the book from my hands and looked at the front cover, 'Oh this book. I've read it, it's kind of boring at the start. But it's really good.' He handed it back to me lazily and turned his attention towards Draco, who was still playing with the orb.

'Hey, Malfoy.' a voice sneered. 'Hanging out with your boyfriend, and your minions now are you?' I knew perfectly well who that was. Delilah Beau. She was a wretched, selfish, brat who cared about no one but herself. Quite like my brother actually, but on a different level, even Draco hated her. She's walking towards us, her black hair billowing behind her, and her piercing blue eyes fixed on my face.

'Leave us alone, Beau.' Pansy sighed. 'Do really have nothing better to do?'

'Oh, I do.' Beau smiled sweetly, 'But this is much more fun.'

'You know what would be fun?' Mattheo stood up, his eyes burning with anger. Why was it burning with anger? I dunno. I'd rather not question it though, it was working in our favor. 'It would be fun hexing you until you can't even remember your own name, I suggest you scram Beau. Leave us alone. SHOO!' he yelled. Delilah saw the rage building in his eyes and was starting to back away.

'What're you gonna do Greg?' she said her voice quivering. It was a stupid question really.

I didn't want anything to go down, so I grabbed Mattheo's arm, warning him not to do anything. It was like a bubble had popped and fizzled in his mind, the glint of red in his eyes had faded and he was back to normal. 'I-I'm sorry.' He apologized to all five of us and ran off leaving his satchel behind. Delilah saw this as an opportunity.

'Not so brave now ar-'

'I'll be letting my father know about you, Beau.' Draco spat furiously. Blaise seemed completely unaware of the situation.

'Ooh, shiver me timb-'

'Delilah, if you interrupt my reading ever again, I swear, this book will become a lethal weapon. Scram.' I said, ending the conversation as I grabbed my book and Mattheo's satchel.