Face Off

Face Off
"Slice and Strike"

Element: Undead

Look:
Skeleton in armored hockey padding with a large bladed hockey stick. Has a hockey face mask hiding a ghostly face.

Is like Roller Blade meets Grim Creeper.

Max health of 809 Hp

Upgrades:
Primary attack:
(P) Hockey Slash. Slashes back and forth with hockey stick in medium speed attacks. (Deals 55 damage)

Jump and press (P) to slam hockey-cicle on the ground dealing 75 damage. When he pulls it free it creates a minor tear in reality that will release spirits after enemies.

Secondary attack:
(S) Dash forward on ice skates to shoulder check an enemy. (Deals 35 damage)

Hockey Pucks: 500 coins
(T) Summons a row of 3 hockey pucks in front of him that will explode into rushing spirits when stepped on. Can use (P) attack to hit them at enemies. (Deal 50 area damage). When hit, they will seek out enemies.

Slap Shot: 700 coins
Hold (P) to charge up a slap shot that does a high amount of damage to enemies. (100 damage)

Cracks in the Underworld: 900 coins
Hold (S) to charge up a dash that tears a hole in reality and leaks ghosts up through the ground. (Charged dash deals 50 damage, rushing spirits seek out enemies, one comes out every second and deals 15 damage.)

Skull Puck: 1200 coins
Hold (T) to create a giant puck with a skull on it in front of you. Press (P) to slap it at enemies. Leaves behind tears in reality for rushing spirits. When it collided with an enemy, it will explode for 150 damage.

Top Path: Brawler
Heavy Hitter: 1700 coins
Use the Slap Shot move on a hockey puck to cause a larger explosion. (Deals 125 damage)

Ice Blades: 2200 coins
End charged shoulder check dash with a backflip, kicking out with your blades for a heavy damage, knock back hit. (Deals additional 50 damage to dash)

Penalty Box: 3000 coins
Taking hits builds up Face Off's rage meter. When it reaches its maximum, he will begin to play dirty. He gains a 50% damage boost and moves/attacks at 120% speed. (Meter builds up to max after taking 10 separate hits. Lasts for 5 seconds after).

Bottom Path: Defender
Puck Off: 1700 coins
Press (T) rapidly to summon a circle of exploding pucks surrounding you. (A total of six pucks)

Green Grinning Ghosts: 2200 coins
Spirits from the underworld are now green and deal damage over time to enemies.  (Poison enemies for 10 damage over time)

Defense!: 3000 coins
Every time Face Off takes damage, a spirit will rush out of his mask to strike the enemy that attacked him. Deals 15 damage and poisons the enemy.

Soul Gem:
Face Off: 4000 coins
Jump and press (T) to take your mask off and release a storm of frightened spirits rushing out in a massive beam of doom.  (Deals continuous 80 damage for 3 seconds)
SG found in Rolling Dunes Resort.

Shrink Enhancement:
Puck-tacular: 5000 coins
When shrinking, will create a rift to the underworld. A violet beam of light will shoot into the sky and remain there as long as you are shrunken. Deals 30 damage a second and releases one ghost every second that will hunt down and damage enemies.
When growing, will seal up the rift, causing an explosion that deals 100 damage while also firing off six exploding pucks in every direction.

Release:
Wave 1 Single Pack Release.
Wave 2 Nitro release.

Variants:
Nitro Face Off:
Yellow Jersey now with a yellow hockey stick as well rather than the red coloring.

Backstory:
Face Off was one of the most famous hockey players in all of Skylands. He dominated every game he played and made it into the Skylands hall of fame immediately after retirement. He then spent his time with his wife. That was until a vengeful spirit from one of his rival teams kidnapped her. Face Off went after her and and was forced to trade his soul for hers. The angry spirit let her go and Face Off turned on him and beat the spirit and stole back his soul. Realizing the good he could do, he decided to join the Skylanders post retirement.

Personality:
An excited personality that is a huge sports fan. Coaches a little league hockey team when he's not working with the Skylanders. Is known to get pretty heated when his team loses and is overly competitive.

Change Log:
5/2/22 - Added Jump and Press (P) move.

10/14/23 — Added Shrink Enhancement.

- (P) attack buffed from 25 to 55 damage. Is also a medium speed attack rather than rapid.

- Jump and press (P) buffed from 50 to 75 damage.

- Hockey Pucks damage buffed from 35 to 50.

- Hold (P) buffed from 60 to 100 damage.

- Rushing spirits from rifts now deal 15 damage rather than 5 and will seek out enemies.

- Goal Tender changed to Skull Puck:
Hold (T) to create a giant puck with a skull on it in front of you. Press (P) to slap it at enemies. Leaves behind tears in reality for rushing spirits. When it collided with an enemy, it will explode for 150 damage.

- Heavy Hitter damage buffed from 100 to 125.

- Angered Spirits changed to Ice Blades:
End charged shoulder check dash with a backflip, kicking out with your blades for a heavy damage, knock back hit. (Deals additional 50 damage to dash)

- Penalty Box upgrade changed to:
Taking hits builds up Face Off's rage meter. When it reaches its maximum, he will begin to play dirty. He gains a 50% damage boost and moves/attacks at 120% speed. (Meter builds up to max after taking 10 separate hits. Lasts for 5 seconds after).

- Defense! Upgrade changed to:
Every time Face Off takes damage, a spirit will rush out of his mask to strike the enemy that attacked him. Deals 15 damage and poisons the enemy.

- Soul Gem damage buffed from 50 a second to 80.

If you like the character, make sure to give this a vote. Make sure to comment which path you would take.