Chapter Twenty

I had made sure to go to talk to my parents before Alexa woke up. She needed to sleep and the ball was a surprise for her. It was a celebration of her accomplishment that she managed to arrange only days after becoming luna and celebrating of the new relationship being made. Somehow, I doubted my parents would see it the same way as myself.

"Hey guys."

"Hey, where's queen bitch?" My dad asked with an amused smile. My mum however looked at him with a distraught expression. She knew how bad it can be if someone insults another's mate in front of them. With an alpha it's worse and now I'm king; she knew it could be hell.

Darius had already taken over my form as my entire being shook with rage. It didn't change the look on my dad's face. I knew he hated no longer being the alpha but, I never thought he'd be so rude and disrespectful. I didn't care if he was my dad paralysed the waist down; he was not going to get away with these things.

"Darius, please don't. Please let Andrew take control. You know how your father is. He doesn't mean it." Darius refused but instead went to lean over my dad using his chair for support. "You luna, your queen." Darius started with clenched teeth. "Has just accomplished a peace treaty with the covens and has planned arrangements with them that will help us all. Her father, your king you idolised so much; couldn't even manage that. She has prevented another war. Now, disrespectful either of us again and I will not hesitate to lock you in our dungeon if you do. I am not as kind and forgiving as our queen."

Darius let me take over but, I agreed with everything he said. My dad had his warning. It was up to him now. I looked to my mum who's eyes were wide just like her grin. She was trembling. "There's not going to be another war?" I shook my head with a big smile. I hadn't realised how terrified my mum was of another war breaking out. Then again, I shouldn't have been surprised. Her mate became paralysed in the last one. The last thing she would have wanted was one of her children sharing the same or worse fate.

"Hey. Jerome said you were coming here. You could have woken me up." Alexa spoke coming into the back garden. Her scent surrounded me in a comforting manner. I would never get over how amazing this woman was. When I looked to her, I could see clearly how she felt about me now, despite our rocky start and the adjustments she's had, she loves us with everything. I could feel it every time we were together and I couldn't stop myself from going over there and giving her a passionate kiss. "Morning." I smiled, still cupping her cheeks.

"Morning."

"Alexa."

I let her turn to face my mum who was quickly surprising us by sprinting and wrapping Alexa into a tight hug. "Hi?" Alexa looked like a deer in a headlight as my mum held her tightly and cried in happiness. "Thank you." She cried into Alexa's shoulder and I chuckled when Alexa looked at me, completely puzzled. "She and my dad know about the treaty. I was just about to explain about everything else that was discussed last night."

"Andrew, that's lovely but, it's not just them we have to tell. We need to talk to all the alphas, lunas, and their betas. Kristin is doing the same with the covens and then everything starts the process tomorrow. We need to go and plan the meeting. I already have Jerome and Daniel contacting those needed."

Not once did I take my eyes from my beautiful queen, my mate and life. I would have never have thought she'd be such a natural in this position when we first met. She hadn't a clue about all this and now, she was just a perfect fit. "What?" She chuckled at me.

"I just love you."

"And I love you. Harriett, you and Ethan are welcome to join us for the meeting in four hours but, I have really got to go." My mum went on to surprise us by smacking a hard kiss on Alexa's lips. The look on Alexa's face was a treasure. "Thank you so much."