Smart

"I told you no visitors today, the audition house is taking all my time" I complained walking into my office.
Maria was sitting there.
"Good afternoon" I greeted her pppsitting down.

"Smart" She called.

"Um, I just came to pick some documents and I hope you will be brief"I replied.

" Um..please marry my son"She took my hands in hers.

I was shocked.I wasn't expecting that.i was waiting for her insults and threat not this.

" The last one month is something I don't ever want to go through and I will always regret ever going to the extreme I went...you don't have to forgive me now...I just hope you'll consider taking Alex back"She said.

" Um...I think it's between...."I began.

" I'm sorry,I almost sent my child to a living hell...I almost killed my own child and I'll never forgive myself for that fact..I can only hope you forgive us"She cried.

" Maria,Everyone thinks they are doing the best thing for their kids .do you ever think of what your kid wants..what if Alex hadn't walked out of the church..I want you to keep thinking about what might have happened if he wasn't courageous enough to Leave...and you went after my family..My innocent family that didn't even know what I was doing...you almost ruined a seven year old girl's future...she didn't even know me..I don't think I ever want you near me,because whenever I see you,I can't help thinking what might have happened..I'm sorry...I'm not really a forgiving person"I said and walked away.

I didn't even take the documents I needed,I guess I had to go home for another copy.Maria and her husband tried to ruin my life,They used their wealth to strip me of my job..they went after my family.

No,I wasn't quite ready to push it all behind me and live happily ever after.

No,Not again.
I sighed as I stared at my mom standing outside my apartment building.

" Smart"She called.
" What are you doing here?"I asked.
" I brought some food over,why did you stop coming?"she asked following me into the elevator.

" I have some important job coming up"I opened the door and led her inside.

There was balloon everywhere,I guess Alex was preparing another surprise.
"Sorry for the mess,my boyfriend is always doing this cheesy things,ThankGod I don't have to clean up"I removed the balloon on the cushion.

Mom walked to the fridge putting food inside while I took out the documents I wanted.
" Mom,what are doing?you should call before you come,I'm running a company right now and don't stay at home from 8 to 6 sometimes..I work all day"I looked at her.

" I'm sorry,I'm sorry"Mom whispered.

" Is today world apology day?why are you people doing this to me?" I demanded.

"Smart,I was wrong..I was a homophobic idiot and I failed as a mother..I am not qualified to be your mother and I want to die knowing that I apologized to you" Mom cried.

"We'll never be enemies,you are my mother no matter what...what made you change your mind?" I asked.

"For seven years,it was pride..I didn't know how to beg for forgiveness and I thought one day you might come back home begging..months turned into years and I swear I regretted everyday I woke up and look at the flowers and you aren't even there to take care of them even though you were allergic..After  I came to see you,I was angry that you were living good and I said things that I regretted" Mom knelt down.

"I said things too" I said.

"I'll do better,I joined this therapy group for parents with LGBT children and I'm doing better..I want you back to the family" She cried.

" Mom"I hugged her.
" I'm sorry,I'm sorry..I'm sorry"she kept begging.

The door opened and Alex came in with a board.

" What is going on...oh..um.."He tried to hide the board but it was a large one.

" What are you doing?"I stood up and pushed him aside.
WILL YOU MARRY ME? was written in bold letters.

"God...is today world Surprise day?why is everyone trying to overwhelm me?"I sat on the floor.

" um..i was gonna decorate the place until you came back but I guess it's ruined so...Will you marry me?"Alex knelt before me.

" Do you even need to ask?yeah,now put that ring here" I smiled.

He slipped the ring and I hugged him happily.

"Alex,Thank you for taking care of my son" Mom said.

"Addy will kill me,I'm leaving,see you later" I picked up the documents and ran out of the house.