special chapter

Smart
We stood outside the hospital waiting for Lady to come out . Blossom clutching tightly on my arm.

"If her reaction isn't good, we'll take her away immediately" Alex whispered into my ears again.he's been telling me that all night to get  the worried expression off my face.

"Blossom" We heard Lady's voice and stared at her.
She wasn't the elegant and graceful woman I was used to seeing.
Her red hair was now brown and it was curly just like Blossom's,she looked thin and pale.Her bare face was without make-up and her eyes looked empty.

She smiled and we returned the smile too.she looked at her mother who nodded at her.

"Blossom" she reached out her hands kneeling down.
Blossom ran into her arms sniffing,I sighed in relief as Mrs Nora gestured us to move away from them.

"I'll be there and will never leave them alone I promise" she smiled.

"Mrs Nora,it was never our plan to keep Blossom away from her mother,Lady might not be a saint but she deserve a place in her daughter's life and we are willing to give her that much" Alex said.

"Thank you" she hugged Alex and we went back to mother and child.Blossom was boasting about her grades and her things and I felt a tingle of jealousy.

No matter how close I was with her or how much her father was in love with me.this was one thing I could never give him.
A child of his own.

After a few minutes of reminding Nora to call us anytime if Blossom was even slightly uncomfortable.
We set off for our home.

"Why are you suddenly quiet?" Alex asked as we entered our apartment.

We had moved closer to my company and into a bigger house that Blossom could have a sleep over with her friends,party and just whatever she wanted.

It felt empty and quiet without her running around the place or watching cartoon with the volume too high.

"It suddenly feels empty and quiet" Alex voiced out my thoughts.

"I was just thinking the same" I smiled drinking a cup of water.

"We have to get used to it,there will be alot of sleeping overs ,Holidays and weekends" He said.

"Yeah.yeah" my throat was suddenly dry even though I just drank two cups of water.

"But on the brighter side,we have the house all to ourself,we don't have to worry if the sound proof system is on or if our door is locked"He pulled me into his arms.

" Why are you so okay with this? Or are you just good at pretending that Blo is enough, Didn't you plan on having a dozen of kids?"I asked.

" Where is this going?"He asked.

" I can't even give you a child.i can't ..I can't make those wishes come true"I bit my quivering lips.

He started laughing and I glared at him.

" Seriously?for an intelligent CEO,you're just so stupid,how can you give me child when we both male and why the fuck are you blaming yourself?"he flicked my forehead.

" Aww"I glared at him.

" We are both men,I can't even give you a child too,it's not like it's one sided like you can actually give birth but don't want to.i have a daughter..what about you?I think you're the one been cheated but we got married and that means every thing that belongs to me is yours too.Blossom too"He hugged me tightly.

" What if we divorce?" I asked.

"We're only two years into our marriage and you're thinking of divorce? We are not gonna divorce, we are gonna be together forever and maybe next month.. we'll start an adoption process or find a surrogate mom.. it's your choice" He kissed my lips.

"Let's get a surrogate mom, a boy that looks just like you"I smiled relaxing into his body.

" And a girl that takes after you.. I love you so much Smart"He said

" I love you too, even though I know you would tease me about this for the rest of our lives"I laughed.

" You bet I am, you silly baby"He said