Gold Mouf

Lute's long-awaited album "Gold Mouf" has significant details you should know.

Lute's new album, Gold Mouf, is his second studio album. Dreamville Records and Interscope Records put out the album on October 4, 2021. What further makes it interesting is the significance of the title of the album.

As stated by Wikipedia, the album's title, Gold Mouf, refers to Lute's alter ego. In the song "Under the Sun," he first revealed his identity. In a 2019 interview with XXL, Lute discussed his current projects, saying:

"I'm working on three different projects right now. I got some shit for the hip-hop niggas, some shit for niggas that wanna hear me on upbeat-type shit and then I got some shit that's completely left field that I just want to experiment with. I'm just trying to experiment with music because I don't want to be put in a box. I don't want to be just a hip-hop artist. Niggas know I can spit, but at the same time I want to make music that got replay value."

Lute had said that he doesn't want to be just a hip hop artist. Instead, he wants to experiment with his music. This is significant because in the album you will see him exploring different sounds that are more than just hip hop but sort of has neo-soul or R&B into it.

What makes this album significant? Before Lute released the album, he had released a mini-series titled Gold Mouf Chronicles. Alexander Hall directed and edited the film series where Lute plays the titular Gold Mouf. In the first episode, he takes on a Bob Ross-like role—call him Lute Ross—complete with PBS-style educational editing. It begins out charming before turning into something a little more foul-mouthed, emphasizing the young rapper's charisma (Joe Price, 2020 on Complex News Website). Therefore, the significance behind the series could be that Lute was indirectly announcing his debut album, "Gold Mouf." Therefore it highlights the significance he wanted to share with his listeners. 

"Gold Mouf" Album Cover (above)

Of course, the significance behind the album is mainly found in the tracklist itself. This includes:

1. 100

2. GED (Getting Every Dolla)

3. Myself featuring DEVN

4. Be Okay

5. Eye to Eye featuring Cozz

6. Changes featuring BJ The Chicago Kid

7. Ghetto Love featuring Blakk Soul and Ari Lennox

8. Amen featuring Little Brother

9. Birdsong featuring JID and Saba

10. Flossin' featuring WESTSIDE BOOGIE

11. Life

12. Overnight

13. Crashing

I will only mention some of the tracks in the album.

100