Trilogy of EP's:Rags,Robots and Royalty

**Due to Wattpad's guidelines, I've removed the EP covers because they're explicit. Sorry!*

The Trilogy of EP's : Rags,Robots and Royalty set the tone of their debut album Mirrorland

There are various ways in which the EP's set the tone of their debut album Mirrorland. I will explain the EP's one by one.

Rags

According to Wikipedia, it states that, "Rags is the third EP by American hip-hop duo EarthGang, released August 31, 2017 by Spillage Village and distributed by Empire Distribution. Released after the announcement of their signing to Dreamville, it is the first instalment in a trilogy of EPs, leading up to their debut album Mirrorland.

Dreamville also states that, "EarthGang takes us on a journey in search of humanity's pure potential and endless possibilities during some of our most trying times. Narrated by DC Young Fly and featuring production from Hollywood JB and Childish Major, the project is the groups Dreamville debut".

Genius also states that, "The EP is narrated by DC Young Fly, playing a Lyft driver travelling around Atlanta, Georgia". Moreover it says, "The EP is the beginning of a trilogy of EPs which connect to create a storyline. Rags represents the beginning;the struggle and hardship, the losses, and the perseverance it took for the duo to see the fruits of their labor".

From my point of view, there are important points to consider. Rags is the first instalment in a trilogy of EPs which leads up to their debut album Mirrorland. This is why the EPs set the tone of their album Mirrorland.

Moreover , when Dreamville said EarthGang are taking us on a journey probably means that EarthGang were sharing their journey to their listeners so that they can understand the struggles they faced to succeed as artists. The journey could also mean their road to Mirrorland hence the trilogy of EPs set the tone of their debut album Mirrorland.

The Track List:

1. Meditate feat. J.I.D
2. Nowhere Fast feat. Childish Major
3. Red Light
4. Legendari
5. House feat. Mick Jenkins

Since Rags takes us on a journey about EarthGang's struggles and their road to Mirrorland, there are some songs which are important. One of them is Meditate. According to Genius, it states that, "The song explores the difficulty to have peace in the western world as a black man while also commenting on appropriation". This is shown on the lyrics below :

[Chorus: Johnny Venus]
"Looking for peace in America
Looking for peace when I stare at you
Looking for peace in America
Looking for peace when I stare at you
I be looking for peace in America
Looking for peace when I stare at you, ooh
Looking for peace when I stare at you"

From the lyrics above, this shows there's racial issues in America. Dreamville artists, Bas and J. Cole had mentioned about the racial issues through the songs Barack Obama Special by Bas and Neighbours by J. Cole.
The song Meditate explores the issues faced in America and the struggles EarthGang faced. This sets the tone of their debut album Mirrorland because they are open about their past lives.