Milky Way

To what extent is the Milky Way album by Bas all about positivity?

According to Wikipedia, it states that, "Milky Way is the third studio album by American rapper Bas. It was released on August 24, 2018, by Dreamville Records and Interscope Records. The album features guest appearances from J. Cole, Ari Lennox, ASAP Ferg and Correy C, with production handled by a variety of producers including J. Cole, Ron Gilmore, Cedric Brown, Jay Kurzweil, Childish Major, Sango, Meez, among others".

Moreover on Wikipedia it says, "The album was supported by two official singles : Boca Raton with ASAP Ferg and Tribe with J. Cole and promotional single  Pinball II featuring Correy C. The album debuted at number 35 on the US Billboard 200 selling 13,150 album-equivalent units in the first week".

 The album debuted at number 35 on the US Billboard 200 selling 13,150 album-equivalent units in the first week"

The Track List:

1. Icarus feat. Ari Lennox
2. Front Desk
3. Tribe
4. Boca Raton feat. A$AP Ferg
5. Barack Obama Special
6. Purge
7. Fragrance feat. Correy C
8. Infiniti
9. Infiniti+2
10. Sanufa
11. Great Ones
12. PDA
13. Designer
14. Spaceships+Rockets feat. Lion Babe,Moe Moks & mOma+Guy

There are various ways in which the album is all about positivity. As stated by Wikipedia, "Bas addressed the release of Milky Way and the thought process behind it on Instagram saying:

'It's been two and a half years since 'Too High to Riot'. I've spent the better part searching for ground. We go looking for love in all the wrong places. We go on radio shows looking for love from the hosts and their audience. We put out albums, our truths, in hopes the public will love them and catapult us to great successes. We hope our labels will love how the singles perform. We conquer as many women as we can as if it'll make us love ourselves. Instead of finding one that who shows you the man you could be. We share only the good parts of our lives on social media. In hopes of making people fall in love with us. One like at a time. This album is about finding ground. About not poisoning your own well. About finding and tethering yourself to the love that truly fulfills you. Love of self. Love of others. Lovers. Family. Friends. Fans. You've all given me all the affirmation I'll ever need. That is the Milky Way. The only way to go".

From my point of view, the information above supports the view that the Milky Way album is all about positivity. As we can see, he thanks everyone who has shown him love throughout his journey and he is confident that he will succeed. The use of these words, "That is the Milky Way" is probably a metaphor that he will continue working hard in making his music.

Bas is rather celebratory in the album Milky Way. According to hotnewhiphop.com: Bas Milky Way Review by Richard Bryan, it states that , "The Milky Way in contrast, is significantly more upbeat than his previous work, finding Bas rather celebratory, as he welcomes the highest point in his career thus far".
From my point of view, Bas has come a long way as a rapper. From his two albums Last Winter and Too High to Riot, he has improved and matured as an artist. This is why he celebrates his success because he has become successful hence this supports the view that the Milky Way album is all about positivity.