KOD has different types of denotations

There are various denotations shown in the album however there is need to have background information about the album

According to Wikipedia it has stated that K.O.D is the fifth studio album by American rapper J. Cole. It was released on April 20,2018 through Dreamville Records,Roc Nation and Interscope Records. The majority of the production on the album was handled by Cole himself,along with others such as T-Minus,Mark Pelli,BLVK and Ron Gilmore. The album incorporates elements of jazz,rap and trap, Cole has stated that the production and rhyme schemes used throughout the album was inspired by SoundCloud rap. The album explores a variety of topics including drug abuse,addiction,depression,greed,African-American culture and taxation in the United States. The album was supported by two singles KOD and ATM both debuted in the top 10 on the US Billboard Hot 100. In August 2018,Cole embarked on the KOD Tour to promote the album.

There are various ways in which KOD has different types of denotations

There are various ways in which KOD has different types of denotations. J. Cole has given the meaning behind the album KOD. According to billboard:J. Cole Confirms Threefold Meaning of Upcoming Album KOD by Rania Aniftos,4/19/2018, it states that ,"He noted that KOD actually has three meanings: Kids on Drugs,King Overdosed and Kill Our Demons. He followed up with yet another mysterious message,confirming that he will explain noting else. "The rest of the album I leave to your interpretation" he wrote. Moreover on the album art it said,"This album is no way intended to glorify addiction" hence proving that J. Cole is using the album KOD to highlight the dangers associated with drug abuse and that people should make better choices besides resorting to drugs. This I will explain further when I am giving some meanings to some of the songs on the album.

Although J. Cole has given three meanings about the album KOD on Twitter as stated by Billboard,J. Cole also released a trailer explaining the meaning behind the album. According to revolt.tv,"J. Cole releases new trailer explaining the meaning behind his KOD album title by KC Orcutt,it states that,"The first,Kids on Drugs brings to light the country's war against addiction and prescription drugs,with a voice,perhaps J. Cole mediating on the matter. Moreover it says,"As the trailer continues,it addresses the second meaning,King Overdosed, a name that relates to both the first meaning and the album's cover art. That's representing me,the times that I was and am afflicted by the same methods of escape, the 33-year-old continues. The next meaning, Kill Our Demons,is the third and final interpretation,which the rapper believes is the 'end goal' elaborating that we must,'Face our shit;realize that we have some shit going on inside. Everyday'. This clearly explains the three meanings behind the album KOD.