A lot

21 Savage and J Cole's A lot talks about life challenges

It seems to be about 21 Savage's struggles in the past and at the same time J

It seems to be about 21 Savage's struggles in the past and at the same time J.Cole talks about his struggles as a rapper. The song mainly focuses on death,sadness and hope. There are many points to consider why A lot talks about life challenges.
According to pitchfork.com: Watch 21 Savage and J.Cole's New A lot Video, it states that "The visual directed by Aisultan Seitov, centers around an opulent dinner but also includes flashbacks to more difficult moments in the attendees lives". The fact that the attendees have flashbacks clearly shows that not everything is what it seems hence meaning that everyone has life challenges. This is why the song talks about life challenges.
Despite the life challenges people face,on the video 21 Savage and J Cole are elevating the people who are in need. According to thefader.com:21 Savage and J.Cole's A lot is the cross-generational exchange rap needs by Lawrence Burney, December 21,2018 it states that "Cole speaks to the college-attending kid who's familiar with struggle and Savage represents the people who are often completely ignored and vilified for circumstances they're usually not responsible for". When Cole is speaking to the college-attending kid he seems to be making reference to struggles of being a rapper. Savage representing the people who are vilified means that people judge others who are involved in crime without knowing the real reason behind it. J.Cole  is elevating other rappers to stay true to who they are and keep rising to become successful. 21 Savage is elevating others who had faced many trials in the past and that it is not too late for them to turn their life around hence clearly showing that A lot talks about life challenges.

Not only does A lot show death and sadness,but it also talks about poverty,violence and racism

Not only does A lot show death and sadness,but it also talks about poverty,violence and racism. According to the RollingStone: 21 Savage,J. Cole's A lot is Stuck Between Heaven and Hell by Charles Holmes, it states that "The Aisultan Seitov-directed video features 21 Savage and J Cole bearing witness to a family destroyed by poverty,violence and racism. Moreover it says,"Savage has all the wealth in the world and very few people left who can appreciate. Everyone he knows in whatever pocket universe this video resides in is either dead,in jail or irrevocably broken. The only thing left to keep him company is the tulip centerpiece withering around a table of empty chairs". The fact that Savage has wealth could be the heaven and hell is shown when everyone he knows is dead,in jail or broken hence highlighting 21 Savage's struggles because he also lost people he cared about in the past. This is why the song talks about life challenges.
The lyrics of the song also talks about life challenges. According to hiphopdx.com:21 Savage & J.Cole Reflect on Their Pasts In A lot Video by Kyle Eustice February 1,2019, it states that 21 opens up about some of his demons but remembers to be grateful for his position in life.

"My brother lost his life and it turned me to a beast
My brother got life and it turned me to the streets
I been through the storm and it turned me to a G
But the other side was sunny, I get paid to rap on beats", he raps.
From my point of view,the fact that 21 Savage opens up about his life clearly shows that he wants his story to inspire others and to let them know it's never too late to have a better life. J.Cole highlights his struggles as a rapper and he has found a solution.

"I been playing it back from a lack of promotions
I never was one for the bragging and boasting
I guess I was hoping the music would speak for itself,but the people want everything else
Okay, no problem,I'll show up on everyone album", he raps.

This is why he has collaborated with other artists like 21 Savage,6LACK,Young Thug etc. Despite struggling as a rapper,J.Cole has not given up which is why his name appears on many nominations this year with other artists. This shows that life challenges makes us stronger hence why the song focuses on life challenges.
Authenticity plays a major role on A lot and this helped the song to receive nominations. Three are:

1. MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year
2. Grammy Award for Best Rap Song
3. MTV Video Music Award for Best Hip-Hop Video
4. BET Award for Best Collaboration
5. BET Award for Video of the Year
6. Soul Train Music Award for Rhythm & Bars Award
7. BET Hip Hop Award for Best Impact Track
8. BET Hip Hop Award for Best Collabo,Duo or Group

Not only did it receive nominations,it also went 2×Platinum on 2019 through the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). This proves that the song is successful because of authenticity and embracing life challenges which makes one stronger. This is why the song is all about life challenges.

In conclusion,A lot talks about life challenges as Savage gives a glimpse to his past life. J.Cole also highlights his struggles as a rapper. It focuses on everyone's struggles in life which is why the rappers are elevating others.