Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights mixtape seems to have marked the destiny of Cole as a rap artist

"The destiny of Cole as a successful artist is secure"

According to Wikipedia, it states that, "Friday Night Lights is the third official mixtape from Fayetteville, North Carolina rapper J. Cole. It was released on November 12, 2010 ".

Moreover it says, "The original tracks on the mixtape were intended to be on Cole's debut album Cole World : The Sideline Story. However, because the label did not believe it would sell, Cole released the original songs with extra freestyles as a mixtape, but was forced to redo the entire album In The Morning featuring Drake, was the only record from the mixtape to make the album cut".

From my point of view, there are important points to consider. Firstly, let's look at the reason why there is the mixtape Friday Night Lights. As stated by Wikipedia, the original tracks on the mixtape were intended to be on Cole's debut album Cole World : The Sideline Story. However, the label Roc Nation did not believe it would sell hence why Cole released the mixtape Friday Night Lights. This also probably explains why Cole has his own label, Dreamville Records. He wanted to make his own music the way he wanted it to be.

Moreover, since some of the tracks on the mixtape were supposed to be on the album, Cole World : The Sideline Story, the mixtape could have marked the destiny of Cole as a rap artist. The mixtape "became the second most searched and trending topics on Google and Twitter respectively following it's release". This was stated by Wikipedia. Therefore the mixtape proved to be successful hence proving that Cole is a successful Roc Nation artist. This means that his destiny of becoming a successful artist is secure.

There are so many reasons why his destiny of becoming a successful artist was secure the minute he released Friday Night Lights

According to Genius,it states that, "Friday Night Lights serves as J. Cole's third official mixtape and was released to help hold over fans until hia debut album Cole World : The Sideline Story released".
From my point of view, this means that Friday Night Lights sets the tone of his debut album Cole World : The Sideline Story. Moreover, it also shows Cole reaching his destination of becoming a successful artist. The debut album, Cole World : The Sideline Story became one of the best album he released. This is why his destiny of becoming a successful artist through his mixtape was secure.

There is a contrast of the title of the mixtape, Friday Night Lights. According to Genius, it states that, "The title of the project is a reference to the movie with the same name, which premiered in 2004 and is about a high school team and coach from Texas and their rise and fall ". The difference is shown where Genius said, "Even though Friday Night Lights is associated with football, it still embodies that high school, basketball athlete feeling which he explains in an interview with HipHopDX :