Elephant Eyes

Elephant Eyes album acts as a narrative to Omen's personal life

Before we look at how the album narrates Omen's personal life,lets have a brief background information about the album. According to Wikipedia it states that,"Elephant Eyes is the debut studio album by American rapper Omen and was released on July 21,2015 by Dreamville Records. It includes features from Dreamville artists J. Cole,Ari Lennox and Bas, as well as CJ Hamilton. Elephant Eyes served as Ari Lennox's introduction to Dreamville. Omen introduced her to J. Cole which eventually led to her signing to the label".
From my point of view,this proves that without Omen,Ari Lennox would not have been signed to Dreamville in the first place. Moreover,the fact that Omen's album Elephant Eyes served as Ari Lennox's introduction to Dreamville shows that the album reveals a lot more than just his personal life. Therefore,the title of the album could mean that everything is revealed,the past,his achievements,his interaction with others,his character,only to mention a few.

There are various ways in which the album Elephant Eyes acts as a narrative to Omen's personal life. From my point of view,the title of the album Elephant Eyes has a special meaning. An elephant is known to be unusually large and powerful. Then if we look at the word, "eyes" ,in this case it means the ability to understand and appreciate something seen. Therefore if we put both words "elephant" and "eyes", the album could be talking about Omen's success as a rapper and how he has learnt to appreciate that despite the challenges he faced. Moreover if we look at the album cover below, there seems to be different characters e.g. a woman(probably inside Omen's mind),probably showing different emotions like sadness.

 a woman(probably inside Omen's mind),probably showing different emotions like sadness

The sadness seems to be shown where there's a cloud with rain drops. Lastly,this seems to be Omen thinking about his past hence proving that Omen is using the album to narrate his personal life.

Dreamville has mentioned why the album Elephant Eyes was released. According to Dreamville they stated that,"Omen's long awaited Dreamville debut details his journey towards success and love through an honest recollection of his memories. Elephants never forget". This explains why the album has different emotions. Moreover this proves that the album Elephant Eyes acts as a narrative to Omen's personal life.

Omen gives a reason why Elephant Eyes album came to existence. According to djbooth.net:The Reintroduction of Dreamville's Omen:"I'm In a Good Place by Hibak Mohamed,April 25,2019, Omen stated that,"It came from a darker place. I had put out 'Afraid of Heights' ". He is making reference to the album. Moreover Omen said,"Had Kendrick and Cole on the album. I was thinking like 'Oh I'm out of here,an easy win'. I put the album out and the internet was kinda checking for it but my actual life didn't change at all. I was still in my Grandma's house. I would go out and no one knew or cared about the album". The album Elephant Eyes was removed immediately at first because it was making noise as it is stated by DJ Booth. This is why Omen said on the interview with Hibak Mohamed,"I adress a lot of that on the new album. I talk about what's been happening in the last few years just to give people an update. I had a whole lot of life changes I wasn't tweeting about".
From the information above,the fact that no one noticed that Omen's album Afraid Of Heights had artists like Kendrick Lamar and Cole highlights the true struggles of being a rapper and a musician. However Omen did not give up which is why on the album Elephant Eyes he gives an update of what has been happening in his life. He wants people to relate to success and challenges he has faced hence proving that Elephant Eyes acts as a narrative to Omen's personal life.