Spillage Village : End of Daze

End of Daze is about the challenges faced by Black Americans

Spillage Village released the music video End of Daze on 11 June 2020.

End of Daze music video

According to Genius, it states that, " "End of Daze" is an apocalyptic track from Spillage Village, with each member rapping about what the world and their life would look like if everything was ending. The track features contributions from all core members of Spillage Village except 6LACK ".

From my point of view, I believe they are making reference to racism and police brutality faced by black Americans. This is shown on the lyrics below :

[Chorus: Doctur Dot, JID, Mereba, Johnny Venus]
"It's the end of days, end of times
My, oh my
Up in a blaze, you can't hide (Can't hide)
Why oh why? All the kids afraid, momma cries
God packed His bags and said, "Bye-bye"
God packed Her bags and said, "Bye-bye"
Why, why, why?"

From the lyrics above, where it said, "All the kids afraid,momma cries" seems to make reference to the police brutality faced by Americans. For example, George Floyd, Brianna Taylor e.t.c died due to police brutality and despite there are protests against racial injustice, another man named Rayshard Brooks was killed. This makes black Americans in USA feel unsafe.

This song is certainly about racism

This song is certainly about racism. For example, in the music video we see the Spillage Village members watching the news about the American crisis (death of black Americans). Therefore the title, End of Daze could be interpreted as the end of black Americans if racism and police brutality does not stop. This track was released to address these issues faced in America.

Who is Spillage Village?

According to Wikipedia, it states that, "Spillage Village is an American musical collective from Atlanta, Georgia. The group is composed of rappers, singers and producers, and was founded by the members of EarthGang. Spillage Village began its collaboration in the early 2010s at Hampton University in Virginia. Spillage Village is primarily made up of five initial members with a spilt - base in both Atlanta and Baltimore".

From my point of view, I believe it was formed because they wanted to create their own style of music without music labels telling them what to do.

What does Spillage Village and Dreamville Records have in common?

I believe it's the creativity, passion for music and style of writing. Spillage Village and Dreamville Records both share a similar interest in creating music that is really realistic and understands people. That's why I believe J.I.D and EARTHGANG are part of Dreamville records. Dreamville Records is all about authenticity.