Two Weeks Notice

Interesting facts about Two Weeks Notice by Bas

1.  J. Cole was one of the first rappers to compliment Bas's lyrics

According to hiphopdx.com: Bas Two Weeks Notice Release Date, Cover Art, Tracklist, Download & Stream by Mitchell Steinfeld | Apr 16, 2014, it states that, "In a conversation with Vlad TV earlier this month, Bas said that J. Cole was one of the first rappers to compliment his lyrics ". This is what he said on Vlad TV

"It was dope ['cause] Cole was the first person to be like, 'Yo , you got your own style, which is the hardest thing to do' , Bas said. 'But I can't wait to see where you're gonna be in six months. Where you're gonna be in a year. Or like two years from now'. And he saw that early ".

From my point of view, I believe this is one of the reasons why Bas is signed to Dreamville Records. J. Cole saw his potential because Bas has his own style especially in terms of his rap music. He us different which is why he released Two Weeks Notice.

2. Two Weeks Notice dropped in advance of Bas' album Last Winter

The Track List :

1. City Of the Empire
2. We Made It
3. Move That Dope
4. Red Hot Car
5. The People
6. Happy

According to hotnewhiphop.com: Bas - Two Weeks Notice by Rose Lilah | Apr 15, 2014, it states that, "Dreamvillain MC Bas is officially giving you Two Weeks Notice concerning his upcoming debut album Last Winter.

From my point of view, Two Weeks Notice is more like a warm up to his album Last Winter. Bas probably wanted his listeners to know how he gained success before he released Last Winter. Therefore, Two Weeks Notice shows Bas' emergence in the rap game.

3. The project includes freestyles of various hits

According to hiphopwired.com: Bas - Two Weeks Notice EP [LISTEN/DOWNLOAD], it states that, "Bas' beats of choice were Pharrell's hit record Happy, Common's  The People, Drake's We Made It and Future's Move That Dope".
They were all freestyles, probably because he was celebrating his success of being signed to Dreamville Records.

Happy music audio by Bas

Move That Dope music audio by Bas

We Made It music audio by Bas

The People music audio by Bas

Two Weeks Notice was released around 2014. This was definitely released two weeks before the release of his album Last Winter.